PDA

View Full Version : CG product questions?

agarabaghi
07-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Looking at some of the chemical guys products and wanted to know if I was understanding what each one would provide for my car:

Here was going to be my next washing of the car:

Wash - Meguiar Gold Class (already have it)
Clay - GG Yellow clay with Maguiar quick detailer
Glaze - Chemical Guys BLACK LIGHT Radiant Finish
Buff the CG Black Light Radiant Finish
Apply 2nd coat of CG black light radiant finish
Buff off using Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Hi-Gloss Sealant Spray

Was then going to apply Chemical Guys (TVD_110_16) G6 Hyper Coat Sealant System to the black trim around the car...

How does that sound... the goal would be to achieve and nice wet look from the Land Rover paint...

zmcgovern45
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Black Light & V7 is never a bad choice IMO. I have never used V7 to take it off though... I typically remove Black Light (which is very easy) and then do a final wipe down with V7 to make sure I did not miss anything.

agarabaghi
07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Well i was just reading the instructions on autogeek...

Maybe they mean just do a final wipe down with it...

Directions:

Wash your vehicle using 1 cap full Chemical Guys Glossworkz and 4 gallons warm water.
Apply BLACK LIGHT by hand, DA or rotary with a foam finishing pad.
Let to dry for 15 minutes and buff off with MF. For shine fanatics like us we recommend you do the following:
Apply 2nd coat of BLACK LIGHT by hand.
Let dry for 15 minutes.
Wipe down using Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Hi-Gloss Sealant Spray for final finish.

I guess wipe down is different than wipe off...

agarabaghi
07-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Also will the 16oz bottles last for more than 1 application?

I dont wanna jump in and buy a gallon if im not pleased...

RandyD
07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
That 16 oz bottle should last for a minimum of 4 applications. I think most the group will tell you even more than 4 applications.

zmcgovern45
07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
16oz bottle will last you MULTIPLE applications. I use maybe 4 sprays on my hood, 2-3 on each door... you get the point. A bottle will last you a while if you use it properly. No need to over apply.

agarabaghi
07-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Awesome!

This should be fun!

Rmd
07-15-2013, 03:07 PM
If you are just using this for your own car, the black light will last a very, very long time. V7 if used weekly will last several months.

agarabaghi
07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
perfect. Im going to finish claying the car tonight. And should be ready to apply the black light wed

zmcgovern45
07-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Professional advice: If you cannot do the entire car all at once, at least coat the areas that have been clayed with sealant so that they are not left unprotected. If your painted surface is completely free of any protection, it is much more prone to damage from things like bird bombs, water spots, etc.