PDA

View Full Version : Are Nissan paints better?

Pages : [1] 2

friendly_jacek
07-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Since I did my first semi-decent paint restoration and detailing job, I'm paying more attention to car paint when I take daily walks. I especially pay attention to white cars as 2/3 of my cars are white.

I swear Nissan paint (especially white) is one of the nicer and glossier or alternatively, Nissan owners care more about detailing.

Which one it is?

FUNX650
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Since I did my first semi-decent paint restoration and detailing job, I'm paying more attention to car paint when I take daily walks. I especially pay attention to white cars as 2/3 of my cars are white.

I swear Nissan paint (especially white) is one of the nicer and glossier or alternatively, Nissan owners care more about detailing.

Which one it is?
Because I'm curious as to these "Nissan-white paints" being of SS or BC/CC paint systems...
I'll ask a similar question: Which one, or (both): Is/are...It/them?

Also...
It'd be wondrous news that Nissan is now having better success with their paints.
Some of them used to be garbage, IMO.

But then again...So are/were...many other OEM's paints, as well...AFAIC.

:)

Bob

tnxm42
07-15-2013, 05:23 PM
I have a 2012 artic white titan, love that bright white color. However ive noticed with alot of newer cars today slight orange peel from the factory

Setec Astronomy
07-15-2013, 05:47 PM
It'd be wondrous news that Nissan is now having better success with their paints.
Some of them used to be garbage, IMO.

Yeah, it seems to me that was a frequent comment on the forums, that Nissan paint was not good.

Marc Hufnagel
07-15-2013, 06:09 PM
chips easy, thin.

friendly_jacek
07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Good to know, I guess looks are deceiving. There are a few maximas in our neighborhood that look very slick. I guess the owners are members of this forum.

BTW, sorry for my bad English.

PA DETAILER
07-16-2013, 06:11 AM
not white, but i own a 2012 xterra in NIGHT ARMOR. i noticed the paint is glossy. not bad to work with. i'll agree it chips easy. overall no better or worse that other paints.

QuantumX
07-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Personally, I've noticed that the clear coat seems soft and scratches quite easily IE: Snow brush

OZD 35
07-16-2013, 09:20 AM
chips easy, thin.

True story right there. The front bumper on my '04 350Z is chipped like no other. Looks fine from a distance, but looking at it from up close it's atrocious!

ihaveacamaro
07-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Nissan paint sucks! My gfs car (or rather my test subject very often) is a black 2012 nissan altima.

It already has clear coat failure. It scratches if you touch it in any way. 2BM, rinseless, waterless, doesn't matter. It will scratch no matter what.

Worst paint I have dealt with. Only way to finish polish it microswirl free is with a red pad.

Kappy
07-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Nissan paint sucks! My gfs car (or rather my test subject very often) is a black 2012 nissan altima.

It already has clear coat failure. It scratches if you touch it in any way. 2BM, rinseless, waterless, doesn't matter. It will scratch no matter what.

Worst paint I have dealt with. Only way to finish polish it microswirl free is with a red pad.

I have a black 2012 Murano and I'm going to attempt my first paint correction, doing a test spot using M205 on a white pad. If that doesn't give me good results, I was going to try M105 on an orange pad. Anything I need to watch out for?

OZD 35
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM

I wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks. My car is my DD and isn't garaged. I removed I'd say about 98% of the swirls about 2 years ago and had to do a couple very minor touch ups with a light polish since then. Only because I was careless with removing ice and had some grit in one of my clay bars!:doh: Ugh, live and learn!

ihaveacamaro
07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
I have a black 2012 Murano and I'm going to attempt my first paint correction, doing a test spot using M205 on a white pad. If that doesn't give me good results, I was going to try M105 on an orange pad. Anything I need to watch out for?

Microswirls or rather scratches caused by m205.

The paint is so soft that even m205 on a white pad leaves it's own marks.

My process was M205 on orange followed by m205 on red. That led to really good results.

friendly_jacek
07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
A follow-up question:
What car brands have better paint?

ihaveacamaro
07-16-2013, 12:55 PM
A follow-up question:
What car brands have better paint?

old cars :props:

only so much you can do with water based paint it seems.