PDA

View Full Version : Quastion About Dual Action Power System tool

Pages : [1] 2

pagaz
07-15-2013, 05:06 AM
http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/miscellaneous/mequiars-dual-action-polishing-and-cleaning-drill-attachment/40330895/meguiars-da-powersystem-dual-action-polisher-attachment.jpg

WHICH DRILL I NEED TO BUY FOR THIS PROUDCT ?^

I NEED DRILL WITH BETTERY THET I CAN DO IT WHITOUT power point

thanks

BillE
07-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Meguiar's recommends NOT using a cordless drill.

Bill

Becciasm
07-15-2013, 09:07 AM

Bill

Is this recommendation more due to the inconsistency of power from cordless as the battery drains?

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

cleanmycorolla
07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Any corded drill should work. You can use cordless but only to apply LSP's and such.

statusdetailing
07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
If you have to buy a drill to make this work, i would just buy a porter cable or griots da polisher. You will get better results and probably save money

Jpatchley
07-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I have a corded dewalt I use and it works great! It has up to 2500 rpms. I got it from Home Depot for 59.99 as a weddin gift. Any drill that is up to that speed will work. The package says not to exceed 2800.

pagaz
07-15-2013, 11:33 AM
ok but I have the problem thet I don't have power point

any soulotion ?

car adapter from 12 v to 220 v , will work?

Jpatchley
07-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Well I used a cordless drill at first and it topped out at 1500rpms. It's just easier and more convenient to have the corded. I would switch out the battery after every two sections which worked fine, but the extra rpms make the job much easier. You could try the car adapter.

In other words a cordless drill will work, it's just more convenient to have the plug in.

Jpatchley
07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
In other words a cordless drill will work, it's just more convenient to have the plug in.

cleanmycorolla
07-15-2013, 12:25 PM

Bill

ok but I have the problem thet I don't have power point

any soulotion ?

car adapter from 12 v to 220 v , will work?

If you don't have a power source, then a cordless drill is the way to go. It will be good for using pre wax cleaners and waxing.

c8n
07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
From MOL

"With this tool, "DA" means both "drill applied" and "dual action", but the dual action is in the form of a forced rotation rather than the free rotating spindle action you might be used to on a polisher like our G110v2. The backing plate is not interchangeable, but the pads are. In fact, the DA Power System makes use of our current line of 4" Soft Buff pads. Drill recommendations are for a corded drill with max speed in the 1500 to 2500 rpm range. The gear reduction ratio in the tool prevents it from spinning at equally high speeds for safety reasons. We also recommend if you have a reversible drill that you use it in the "forward" direction (ie, the setting you would normally use for drilling a hole) rather than "reverse" setting. Most drills run at a slower maximum speed when set to reverse and this will compromise the ability to remove defects from the paint."

DA Power System (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?56707-DA-Power-System)

Jawzey
07-15-2013, 02:13 PM
If you have to buy a drill to make this work, i would just buy a porter cable or griots da polisher. You will get better results and probably save money

:iagree:

Before I found AGO, I was planning on buying that DA drill attachment along with a new drill. Then I found this site and realized I needed a GG6!

BillE
07-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Is this recommendation more due to the inconsistency of power from cordless as the battery drains?

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

That's the way I read it. The batteries just don't have a long enough duty cycle before they go flat.

Bill

pagaz
07-17-2013, 10:32 AM
hello ,
I found this cordless :

http://www.polack.co.il/media/items/big/5-4.jpg

voltage : 10.8v
rpm : 0-1800
battery : Li-Ion lythum 1.3Ah - built in

what u think ?

c8n
07-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Is the issue because of lack of electric outlet?
Not possible to run a extension cord?

The reason why I ask, if you need to buy a drill, the price no longer justifies in my opinion. It should be fine for light defects but it might have some difficulties on the RIDS.

The price of a DA Power System is about $60? and then plus the drill? At about $50 you can get a HF DA and for the price of the drill, you can get BP, some pads and extension cord.