PDA

View Full Version : first time using CQuartz..do I have everything?

flatlinerz
07-14-2013, 11:57 PM
hey guys

its going to be my first time using CQuartz coating and I just want to make sure I have everything before I start

still got a couple of things on the way so do I have everything?

porter cable 7424xp
Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Flat Pads 6 Pack
LC Dual-Action Hook & Loop Flexible Backing Plate 5"
Meguiar's M205
Cquartz with Reload
CarPro Eraser

anything else I need?

thanks guys

AutowerxDetailing
07-15-2013, 02:30 AM
You might want some sort of compound for any areas on the vehicle that need a little more reconditioning.

Other than that, as long as you do a thorough Eraser wipe down prior to installing the C.Quartz coating you will be good to go!

flatlinerz
07-15-2013, 10:37 PM
You might want some sort of compound for any areas on the vehicle that need a little more reconditioning.

Other than that, as long as you do a thorough Eraser wipe down prior to installing the C.Quartz coating you will be good to go!

what compound would you recommend?

AutowerxDetailing
07-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Some people say it's hard to work with... but I really like M105. It dusts a lot. That's really the only negative I've ever experienced with it. Plus M205 was made to compliment it.

af90
07-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Do you have all the towels and applicators necessary? As well as an all purpose cleaner unless you plan on tossing the towels once CQuartz gets on them. If not the towels will be ruined unless placed in a bucket of APC pretty rapidly after using.