PDA

View Full Version : floor matt trim cleaning

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
07-14-2013, 05:41 PM
I have a 2001 vehicle and today I cleaned the floor mats.

I used the nylon brush with my wagner 915 which I now know was to aggressive. After making them fade I moved down to some 10:1 APC+ and that cleaned them up for the most part.

What do you guys use and what are your steps for the trim on your mats to ensure that they do not fade?

Thank you

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 05:51 PM
I have a 2001 vehicle and today I cleaned the floor mats.

I used the nylon brush with my wagner 915 which I now know was to aggressive. After making them fade I moved down to some 10:1 APC+ and that cleaned them up for the most part.

What do you guys use and what are your steps for the trim on your mats to ensure that they do not fade?

Thank you

Pictures would help.

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
07-14-2013, 06:08 PM
I applied some hyper dressing after I cleaned them so pictures aren't going to show you any fade. I was just wondering of others procedures.

Thanks

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I applied some hyper dressing after I cleaned them so pictures aren't going to show you any fade. I was just wondering of others procedures.

Thanks
There are much better (durable) dressings than Hyper. Ultima Tire and Trim Guard being one.

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
07-14-2013, 06:14 PM
I purchased Hyper for it's multiple uses but I will check those out as well.

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I purchased Hyper for it's multiple uses but I will check those out as well.
Hyper will probably work ok on your interior mat, but it sucks on exterior trim. Looks good, but after the first rain, it's gone.