PDA

View Full Version : PB's Black Hole Glaze Me Likey!

MarkD51
07-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow, I'm pretty impressed with this product!

My beater 2001 Kia Spectra was starting to look a little hazy, was seeing a little bit of fine swirling since doing a polishing correction about 5 months ago.

Was noticing too some small waterspotting that I probably trapped here and there with some of the WOWA Sealants I've been using.

So, I didn't wish to yank polishes again, but perhaps try a Glaze product instead.

While I have a number of 3M products on hand (4 Glazes of various types) I remembered I also had a 1/2 qt of Poor Boys World Black Hole Glaze, so I decided to give that a go.

I worked in the shade, temps are in the 90's today, a simple wipe down with straight H2O, and then applied the Black Hole Glaze by hand with a foam Applicator Pad.

This is the easiest Glaze I've ever used! It didn't matter how long I let it sit, but I still did a panel at a time. While I haven't used every last Glaze product on the market, this is way way easier than any 3M product I've ever used, and is totally night and day compared to Meg's #7.

I am very impressed with the final results, and I barely broke a sweat doing the entire vehicle.

The finish was slick, no need to go back to get those little pesky strips of glaze here and there, the product was off right now!. A crystal clear finish it left behind, and smooth as glass to the touch.

This product was just about as effortless to use as a good Liquid WOWO Sealant like WGDGPS 3.0 or Menzerna Powerlock.

I simply followed with a quick coat of WGDGLS WOWA Sealant, and this was a breeze to apply over the PB's Black Hole.

Color me impressed!

Has anyone compared, and care to comment about Black Hole with their other Glaze, White Diamond, and can I expect the same impressive qualities?

Thanks, and here's a few pics of this 13 year old daily driver with 67K on the Odo.
Mark

MarkD51
07-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I should mention that this 1/2 qt of Black Hole Glaze was given to me by a kind AG friend with a "care package" he shipped me free of charge, and out of the kindness of his good heart (Dave). This was the first time I used it.

AG sure carries some darn fine lines of products! I think I'll easily get hooked on Poor Boys! Now all I need is about another $2K so I can try some more great AG goodies! :-)

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 05:59 PM
I should mention that this 1/2 qt of Black Hole Glaze was given to me by a kind AG friend with a "care package" he shipped me free of charge, and out of the kindness of his good heart (Dave). This was the first time I used it.

AG sure carries some darn fine lines of products! I think I'll easily get hooked on Poor Boys! Now all I need is about another $2K so I can try some more great AG goodies! :-)

I was going to say Mark, that a quart of glaze is a lot. I've used Black Hole, but like Prima Amigo a little more.

Larry A
07-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Last fall I did a black car with Black Hole and followed it with Collinite 476, and did it look great and last a long time.

MarkD51
07-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I was going to say Mark, that a quart of glaze is a lot. I've used Black Hole, but like Prima Amigo a little more.

I know I've read you folks talking about the Prima Amigo. It sounds really good. Will keep this one on a future list, thanks. So many great products, so little money! Mark

BlackHawk
07-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Did black hole end up filling in any minor swirls for you?

MarkD51
07-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Did black hole end up filling in any minor swirls for you?

BlackHawk, I assume you're asking me?

Yes, the PB's Black Hole left a surface finish like I just polished the vehicle. Swirling was minor, but none the less there before.

Looks like we're in for some nasty weather tonight, high winds, and rain coming. Seems to never fail after I detail something! LOL
Mark