Four inch polishing pad with m205.

Good combo IMHO

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 04:15 PM
I used a drill and.

Four inch cutting pad with v34
Four inch polishing pad with m205.

Good combo IMHO

What do you use to protect it from yellowing? The more you polish them, the more you are removing the factory UV protection.

HateSwirls
07-14-2013, 05:14 PM
All I've ever done to them was what you saw in the video except for my sealant and wax.
I never had a problem and the truck is 17 years old.
Normally I won't compound but it was time because they were turning cloudy but not yellow, most of the time I just polish, seal and wax.

What do you use to protect it from yellowing? The more you polish them, the more you are removing the factory UV protection.

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 05:17 PM
All I've ever done to them was what you saw in the video except for my sealant and wax.
I never had a problem and the truck is 17 years old.
Normally I won't compound but it was time because they were turning cloudy but not yellow, most of the time I just polish, seal and wax.

If you continue to do what you've been doing, it will work. However, if you use something like Opti Lens, you will never have to deal with your headlights again.

HateSwirls
07-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the tip , I'll give it a try.
I kind of like polishing my headlights, I'm always amazed how well they come out. :xyxthumbs:

If you continue to do what you've been doing, it will work. However, if you use something like Opti Lens, you will never have to deal with your headlights again.

Detailing by M
07-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Headlight Renew Dr. is a great UV protectant spray.
Headlight Renew Doctor | Headlight Restoration Do-It-Yourself Products and Kits (http://headlightrenewdoctor.com/Products.php)

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Headlight Renew Dr. is a great UV protectant spray.
Headlight Renew Doctor | Headlight Restoration Do-It-Yourself Products and Kits (http://headlightrenewdoctor.com/Products.php)

The problem with rattle cans is that you need to cover everything in sight. Covered my whole front end and still had overspray on the back.

HateSwirls
07-14-2013, 07:54 PM
There's a product that you wipe on, no spray , I saw it once but forgot the name of it, seemed like it worked well.
I just polish and works for me:xyxthumbs:

The problem with rattle cans is that you need to cover everything in sight. Covered my whole front end and still had overspray on the back.