PDA

View Full Version : How often to wax

tnbug4me
06-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I wax my car last week, it looked so good I want to wax it again. How often can you wax and would another wax job which is done by hand give it even more shine? Also used Mothers QD afterwards.
I used Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax.
Thanks.

Jimmie
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Most will tell you that after two coats of wax you get deminishing return (wasting product; clouding the shine). I always felt that after every few washes reapplying wax was just amping it up and prolonging durability. Plus, it was how I like to relax. I like both of your products; Mother's Paste Wax & Showtime.

P1et
06-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I wax my truck once a month. I find that it holds up well during a time period like that. In between washes, I like to use some AquaWax or Spray & Gloss.

supercharged
06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I wax my car last week, it looked so good I want to wax it again. How often can you wax and would another wax job which is done by hand give it even more shine? Also used Mothers QD afterwards.
I used Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax.
Thanks.
Depending on a climate where you live, I'd say every 5-7 weeks.

ScottB
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
there is nothing wrong with waxing every week, but time is likely to be better served with a good qder or booster (like Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax) after each wax. Typical rule of thumb for waxing is 5-10 weeks, and sealants are 8-12 weeks on average before the give out.

tnbug4me
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
there is nothing wrong with waxing every week, but time is likely to be better served with a good qder or booster (like Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax) after each wax. Typical rule of thumb for waxing is 5-10 weeks, and sealants are 8-12 weeks on average before the give out.

Thanks for the info. I used Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Car Wax, so it would be okay to apply the Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax afterwards?
And also still apply QD after the spray wax?
Thanks.