PDA

View Full Version : URGENT BUYING ADVICE NEEDED! GTechniq or CQuartz

Pages : [1] 2

Radarryan
07-14-2013, 04:32 AM
I want to take advantage of the 15% of sale that ends tonight, so I need responses sooner rather than later!

I currently have Opti-Coat 2.0 on my 2013 Black Porsche Cab. Due to some clear bra damage, the car is currently having a new clear bra put on the damaged parts of the front end. This gives me an opportunity to polish again with Menzerna SF4500 and then apply a new coating. I am wanting to try something new, other than Opti-Coat 2.0 that will give more POP to the paint. It is garage kept and babied so durability is not an issue to me - I just like the coating protection for insurance.

I am deciding between the following:

GTechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c1-crystal-lacquer.html) possibly topped with GTechniq EXO (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-exo-paint-coating.html)

OR

CarPro Cquartz (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-kit.html)

I am wanting something that looks the best on black paint and really pops, but also provides protection from scratches and swirls that come from proper washing over time. I had no issues applying Opti-Coat 2.0 (the consumer version), so I don't think that either of these are considered harder to apply. I live in Dallas and it's summer so I know it is warm enough for these coatings.

Thank you for the quick feedback and I look forward to using one of these products. Happy detailing!

Feed back please

kingweb50
07-14-2013, 05:10 AM
gtechniq combo for sure. I did that to my dd and its amazing. I have tried many of the coatings on family members cars from 22ple opticoat and gtechniq and the c1/exo is my favorite by far

TroyScherer
07-14-2013, 06:50 AM
You are going to get many different opinions on this. It is really going to come down to personal preference. I choose CQ. Mostly because the application is said to be easier and ReLoad is a great topper.

Link to review: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/49041-product-review-cquartz-ceramic-quartz-paint-protection.html

DEREKC
07-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Gtechniq all the way!!! It will offer the best protection and glossy shine!

AeroCleanse
07-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Gtechniq

swanicyouth
07-14-2013, 10:07 AM
I haven't used either coating, but my gut feeling is to go with CQuartz. I base this on I've never been disappointed with anything from CarPro, and the one "coating" product from both companies I have done a direct comparison is fabric protection products. CarPro Fabric and Leather is much better than L1 IMO.

Also, there is ReLoad which is there to refresh the coating. I know G Tech makes a similar product.

Bamafire
07-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I have used both products on clients cars, In my personal professional opinion Gtechniq is what I would go with. I have photos on my Facebook page. Mixon Custom detailing LLC.

EvolutionDetail
07-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I have all the info u need on gtechniq, as I'm applying it to my white Tacoma ATM

OP send me a pm with ur # and I will text u everything u need to know.

I don't have a comp with me so I don't want to drain my battery lol

Radarryan
07-14-2013, 03:37 PM
:bump:

Sorry for the shameless bump but I want to get as many opinions as possible before placing my order.

I ask again:
Feed back please

Thank you so much!

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 04:04 PM
I haven't used either coating, but my gut feeling is to go with CQuartz. I base this on I've never been disappointed with anything from CarPro, and the one "coating" product from both companies I have done a direct comparison is fabric protection products. CarPro Fabric and Leather is much better than L1 IMO.

Also, there is ReLoad which is there to refresh the coating. I know G Tech makes a similar product.

FYI, L1 if for leather and I1 is for fabric. Are you comparing apples to apples?

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 04:09 PM
:bump:

Sorry for the shameless bump but I want to get as many opinions as possible before placing my order.

I ask again:
Feed back please

Thank you so much!

It's all in the prep my friend. If you prep it right, it will look good. Put OC on one side and GTechniq/CQuartz and you won't see a difference.

EvolutionDetail
07-14-2013, 04:35 PM
You and I probably cant distinguish the difference, but the formula wise, theres a huge difference between C1 and OC 2.0

Rsurfer
07-14-2013, 04:55 PM
You and I probably cant distinguish the difference, but the formula wise, theres a huge difference between C1 and OC 2.0

OP is looking for gloss, so what's the difference?

Radarryan
07-14-2013, 04:57 PM
OP is looking for gloss, so what's the difference?

Exactly, the prep will be done with Menz 4500 so the gloss will be there. I want the coating to really AMP it up, as much as possible, at least.

EvolutionDetail
07-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Im just saying the formula is different, thats all lol