PDA

View Full Version : Doing a detail on a 2008 jeep, questions

Bill1234
07-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Hello AG, previously I posted about doing a detail for a friend, Well tomarrow I will be detailing my friends car here is what im thinking
wash and tires rims -mothers all wheel
wash car -montana boars hair and meguiars gold class, maybe strip if there is detailer glaze crap on it
dry
clay bar, we will see how bad the paint is
dry residue
correction, dont know much
v7 optical sealent,
wax

I thought around 4 hours, I saw some pics and vehicle looks like its ok , How are jeeps with correction , easy, hard?

Pureshine
07-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I would give your self more time and are you doing a 1 step paint correction.

greatwhitenorth
07-14-2013, 01:41 AM
I have done a good handful of jeeps, if it's a wrangler give yourself extra time there are lots of small areas to work around an hinges etc.
The paint is soft and forgiving but the flat panels show everything.
If its a Cherokee it'll be easy as pie
Have fun

Vegas Transplant
07-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I would give your self more time...
+1.

Wes Bremec
07-14-2013, 12:51 PM
4 hours on a full exterior plus correction possibly!!!!!!!! Wow you must be fast.

goldendodo19
07-14-2013, 12:57 PM
4 hours on a full exterior plus correction possibly!!!!!!!! Wow you must be fast.

Yeah might have to give him a call next time I need to polish my cars.

Bill Ifyou really think you can do all that in 4 hours in the summer heat you may wanna re think this. Washing and interior alone could take you around 2 hours. Then clay, since you never did that may take you a while and I doubt that car has ever seen a clay bar. Polishing will take you two hours at least on that car. My 02 explorer takes me a few hours just to give a polish to. Then wax, you're looking at I would say 8 hours being a good amount of time. Maybe more maybe less but no way 4 especially in the heat outside.

CriticalDetails
07-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Jeep paint is on the softer side. I could never perform that amount of work in four hours even with a Rupes polisher. My average time for a 1 step Minor Paint Correction is eight hours. If the vehicle is an Escalade/Tahoe or a minivan I plan on spending at least ten hours on the exterior alone.