PDA

View Full Version : MTM Hydro Problem - pumps like low pressure garden hose

stamford06905
07-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi,

I brought the AR 383 and MTM foam and facing issues and here to seek some help.

Thanks
S

stamford06905
07-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi All,

I got the AR 383 and also got the MTM Hydro thinking I should be able to foam my car.
Later I realized that I need get adaptor and Powercare Wand, which I did buy.
Now when I hook them to AR 383 and try to use, All I get from MTM hydro is a garden hose like water output and nowhere pressure in sight.
I checked with original AR 383 wands and they all see to work ok.
I guess there is nothing to check in the Powercare wand, as it is just an connector.
Now the big question is what is wrong with my MTM Hydro and why does it not foam with pressure. The output from the MTM hydro so worse that it appears to be like a small leak from garden hose....I am pretty pretty disappointed after spending so much on this stuff to wash my car.......

I already tried by adjusting the MTM hydro by turning both the knobs/controls and in vain was able to achieve anything shown in other forums where nice foam is seen.

If anyone can help with what could be wrong and what should I do would be helpful. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Pureshine
07-14-2013, 01:02 AM
What is the problem?

stamford06905
07-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi All,

I got the AR 383 and also got the MTM Hydro thinking I should be able to foam my car.
Later I realized that I need get adaptor and Powercare Wand, which I did buy.
Now when I hook them to AR 383 and try to use, All I get from MTM hydro is a garden hose like water output and nowhere pressure in sight.
I checked with original AR 383 wands and they all see to work ok.
I guess there is nothing to check in the Powercare wand, as it is just an connector.
Now the big question is what is wrong with my MTM Hydro and why does it not foam with pressure. The output from the MTM hydro so worse that it appears to be like a small leak from garden hose....I am pretty pretty disappointed after spending so much on this stuff to wash my car.......

I already tried by adjusting the MTM hydro by turning both the knobs/controls and in vain was able to achieve anything shown in other forums where nice foam is seen.

If anyone can help with what could be wrong and what should I do would be helpful. Thanks in advance for all your help.

stamford06905
07-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me here.

poweraid
07-14-2013, 07:07 AM
wand works just fine without the mtm ?

stamford06905
07-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Yes, the AR wands work just fine.

The Powercare wand also works OK as a connector

I removed the front black nozzle knob (long) portion of the MTM Hydro where the nozzle knob with steel strainer usually is there and the pressure until there without the steel sprayer in place is good.

The moment I put the long black nozzle knob as you can see from the below image, that is where things go for a toss, the pressure drops to almost zero and what I get is a garden hose kind of water output, and I tried adjusting the knobs by turning them clockwise or anti-closkwise, but nothing seems to help ....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Foam%20Cannon%20HP/IMG_2502.JPG

Here is a link from other post where they provided details about tuneup. And since this is my new MTM Hydro, there are not blocking elements which I need to clean and I checked the Steel strainer and looks clean and good.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49708-dyi-foam-cannon-hp-tune-up.html

Thanks for your help in advance.

poweraid
07-14-2013, 09:39 AM
it's brand new , send it back for a replacement . I've had to problems with mine .

swanicyouth
07-14-2013, 10:16 AM
I had a similar problem with my Karcher when I first got it. The problem wasn't on the pressure washer or the MTM, but in the little plastic adapter. I believe you use a similar adapter?

The only thing is, the Karcher / MTM had an external leak. But, it wasn't a significant leak that you wouldn't think it was cause what it did. The problem was inside the adapter there was a little O ring and spacer that was missing - it fell out during shipment and fell out on the floor from the envelope the adapter came in. I thought the adapter was a single piece, so I wasn't looking for it. It caused some type of pressure loss between the adapter and the cannon - which does sound similar to what your experiencing - since you know your pressure washer works.

I don't know if this is you issue, but you know the pressure washer works, and the MTM is new. I haven't heard of to many (any?) defective MTMs from the factory, but I have experience the issue with the adapter myself. The MTM is a pretty hearty product.

stamford06905
07-14-2013, 11:52 AM
There is no leak between the adaptor and the powercare wand.
There is no leak between the powercare wand and the MTM Hydro

Does anyone have a picture of the O-ring to know how that looks like.

sproketser
07-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Welcome mate .

Mike Phillips
07-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Hey stamford06905,

I merged your two threads since they are for the same topic...

:props: