PDA

View Full Version : Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner in Action!

Pages : [1] 2

Nick McKees37
07-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner in Action! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/67521-scholl-concepts-rim-7-wheel-cleaner-action.html)

This afternoon Jason took advantage of the sunny weather and washed his truck. Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner was among a host of new-to-Autogeek products that he used. I managed to snap a couple pictures of Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner in action.

http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Scholl%20Concepts%20Rim7/DSCN4688.JPG (http://www.autogeek.net/scholl-concepts-rim-7-wheel-cleaner.html)

Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner

Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner is a thick, gel-based wheel cleaner that changes color as it removes brake dust and road grime. Designed to clean brake-dust ridden German wheels, Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner is among the strongest wheel cleaners available. Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner is non-acidic and features a neutral pH balance of 7, making it safe for all wheel finishes.

Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner is the original color-changing wheel cleaner. Scholl Concepts pioneered the color-changing process to aid in the complete removal of excess residue, ensuring no unwanted cleaner is left in cracks or crevices.

Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner relies on smart chemistry instead of inexpensive acids and butyl ethers. Because of this, Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner is safe on all wheel finishes including clear coated, aluminum, polished aluminum, chrome and painted. Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner has neutral pH balance of 7, making it the ideal choice for delicate finishes.

Scholl Concepts is a product of Germany so it’s no surprise that it works exceptionally well on brake-dust ridden German wheels from the likes of BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. You’ll be amazed at how well Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner dissolves brake dust, making it effortless to remove. The color-changing effect is an added bonus that actually makes Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner fun to use!

Check out the color changing effect:

http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Scholl%20Concepts%20Rim7/DSCN4687.JPG

http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Scholl%20Concepts%20Rim7/DSCN4694.JPG

Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner proved to be another top-notch product from Scholl Concepts. Earlier this morning I tested out Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax and walked away very impressed. - Review: Scholl Concepts SW40 Carnauba Spray Wax - Real Carnauba in a SPRAY! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/67517-review-scholl-concepts-sw40-carnauba-spray-wax-real-carnauba-spray.html)

Scholl Concepts Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/scholl-concepts-rim-7-wheel-cleaner.html)

rjd598
07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Looks pretty good. I hope I win they give away so I can test them out on some nasty wheels!

Wors
07-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner looks like a great wheel cleaner. Does it have a scent?

jjj
07-13-2013, 04:39 PM
That's pretty sweet!!

Nick McKees37
07-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Rim 7 Wheel Cleaner looks like a great wheel cleaner. Does it have a scent?

I don't believe so; it certainly didn't smell bad.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the review Nick.

I think in this day and age a wheel cleaner must have iron attacking properties such as this and Wolfgang über.

Wes Bremec
07-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree with smack that all wheel cleaners should have iron away within the product as such as sonax full affect and uber wheel cleaner. It will ensure the utmost cleansing of the wheel itself .

swanicyouth
07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I hate to be the nay sayer here. It looks very nice and all. But, at $20 for 16.9 oz it just doesn't seem cost effective. I just picked up a bottle of the 1Z Color Tec (16oz - $14.99) Wheel Cleaner, not because my wheels ever will need it, but just because I like to use it to clean around the rotor hats when I pull my wheels off.

I'd like to know why someone should spend $20 for this product when there are cheaper (oz per oz) products like:

1. 1Z Color Tec: $15 for 16.9 oz

2. CarPro Trix: $16.99 for 20 oz

3. Sonax Full Effect: $15.99 for 16.9 oz

4. Wolfs De-Ironizer: $12.99 for 16.9 oz

It just seems like there are several choices now for wheel cleaners that target iron. I'm sure Scholl's cleaner is great, but I can't see trying it when all these other products cost less $ and basically do the same thing.

Meghan
07-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Nice to hear it does not have that strong nasty smell like some of the others.

Pats300zx
07-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Great stuff Nick !!!

supercharged
07-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Any plans on having it sold in 5L refil size?

statusdetailing
07-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, I received the rim 7 wheel cleaner that AG sent me as a giveaway. Haven't snapped any good pics yet. Waiting for the right wheels to do a good review. I can tell you though, it's not better than iron x...it's in a completely different league.

The thicker viscosity is a huge plus, and it's just plain more effective period. I need to do more testing before I just flat out say it in a full blown review, but I'm unofficially telling you guys that this is the best wheel cleaner I have ever come across.

Radarryan
11-25-2013, 12:29 AM
Hey guys, I received the rim 7 wheel cleaner that AG sent me as a giveaway. Haven't snapped any good pics yet. Waiting for the right wheels to do a good review. I can tell you though, it's not better than iron x...it's in a completely different league.

The thicker viscosity is a huge plus, and it's just plain more effective period. I need to do more testing before I just flat out say it in a full blown review, but I'm unofficially telling you guys that this is the best wheel cleaner I have ever come across.

Have you posted the review? I tried looking for it but so far have failed... I've seen a few posts where you reference doing a review, and also Rim 7 being your favorite wheel cleaner, but thus far no review.

I was thinking about trying some but would like to see a review or two first. Thank you!

drvnbysound
11-25-2013, 12:36 AM
When you use this product, is it recommended to tape off the wheel weights (if possible)?

The reason I ask is that there was a green (IIRC) coloration that became visible around my weights when I was cleaning my barrels.

07RS4
11-25-2013, 03:28 AM

It is better, or it isn't. I think I know what your getting at, haha.

I'm curious to see a review and how it compares to Sonax FE. I always take wheel cleaner reviews with a grain of salt however. I only say that because most detailers agitate with an arsenal of brushes anyway, so unless the wheel is thrashed...you could use car shampoo and it's most likely going to come clean.

Here's the video from Scholls. They claim no aggitation required...I've heard that before, lol. The wheel still has build-up on it when they are finished.

SCHOLL Concepts RIM-7 pH-neutral Wheel Cleaner Gel - YouTube

SCHOLL Concepts RIM-7 Wheel Cleaner Product Comparison - YouTube