PDA

View Full Version : Question..

Pages : [1] 2

mikesal57
07-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi all..

What I'd like to know ( just for knowledge )

What company can you say is the leading innovator of the car detailing industry?

Who comes out with newest technology first?

To me it seems like each company has the same sort of products as the next guy.
So its very hard to ask the question of ..which one is the best....

thxs

Mike

AeroCleanse
07-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Depends on what part. Exterior coatings I would say GTechniq, polishing I would say Xpert

mikesal57
07-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Depends on what part. Exterior coatings I would say GTechniq, polishing I would say Xpert

So your saying these 2 companies lead
and the rest follow and make thier own products?

ski2
07-13-2013, 12:42 PM
What about Optimum?? They seem to come out with many new products before others and they do their own research. Examples: Opticoat, ONR, Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound.

erichaley
07-13-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't know if you could list any one company as the leading innovator.

Another thing to consider is that many "brands" are either owned by parent companies, or have partnerships with other companies that manufacture detailing products, or both. Meguiar's is owned by 3M. Wolfgang and Blackfire are owned by PBMG, but Menzerna manufactures their polishes.

So if Meguiar's comes out with a great new product, is 3M the company that deserves credit for being innovative? Yes, I know Meguiar's opperates independently, I'm just trying to illustrate a point.

What about Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover? It is a great product, so is it PBMG or Menzerna that gets the credit for innovation?

To me, one sign of an innovative company is one that brings to market unique products that you can't (or couldn't before they were copied by others) get anywhere else. CarPro is one of those companies with products including Iron-X, Hydro2, and Orange Peel Removal Pads just to name a few.

greatwhitenorth
07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Another thing to consider is that many "brands" are either owned by parent companies, or have partnerships with other companies that manufacture detailing products, or both. Meguiar's is owned by 3M. Wolfgang and Blackfire are owned by PBMG, but Menzerna manufactures their polishes.

It would be very interesting to see a full chart of who owns what and who manufactures what for who!

VP Mark
07-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Optimum. You never see them copy or other offerings, they are the innovator and are always pushing new things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

gye
07-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Optimum and Ultima come to mind

mikesal57
07-13-2013, 06:33 PM
thx guys..this was very informative

Harry Da Hamster
07-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Everything i tried from Optimum has been great. They seem to be the most innovative with polymer technology and use out-of-the-box thinking with their new spray polishes.

hernandez.art13
07-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Technique

(Of course it varies)

Art

BillE
07-14-2013, 07:30 AM
I have to say, Meguiar's.

They have been around for over a hundred years and still going strong. Up to (I'm trying to remember [guessing] here) about 20 years ago, all of their products were aimed strictly for 'the body shop.'

Yes, 3M is their 'owner' but as said many times from the folks at Meguiar's, they maintain their own R&D. Completely apart from 3M.

Bill

2old2change
07-14-2013, 07:38 AM
There are too many different aspects of detailing to say one company is "THE" leader. Rinseless wash and coatings by Optimum have set the bar for others to match. Megs , Menzerna and 3D lead the field in compounds. That's why I could never limit myself to only one brand on my shelf.

Setec Astronomy
07-14-2013, 07:40 AM
I have to say, Meguiar's.

They have been around for over a hundred years and still going strong. Up to (I'm trying to remember [guessing] here) about 20 years ago, all of their products were aimed strictly for 'the body shop.'

Yes, 3M is their 'owner' but as said many times from the folks at Meguiar's, they maintain their own R&D. Completely apart from 3M.

I believe it was in the 70's that Meguiar's began offering consumer products to leverage the reputation they had built up in the "body shop" market. FWIW they have only been owned by 3M for a few years.

BillE
07-14-2013, 07:48 AM
I believe it was in the 70's that Meguiar's began offering consumer products to leverage the reputation they had built up in the "body shop" market. FWIW they have only been owned by 3M for a few years.

I do think you are correct, 70's. I have to keep remembering that IT IS 2013!

This getting old stuff ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Bill