PDA

View Full Version : Where to look for a designer?

DogRescuer
07-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Can you guys point me in a direction to search for a pro to design me a logo for my business?

How about a tatoo artist?

JSou
07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm using designcrowd.com for mine. Easy to use and it's many designers working on your logo not just one.

tuscarora dave
07-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Can you guys point me in a direction to search for a pro to design me a logo for my business?

Look this guy up. Sharing a pic of my new shirts... - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/off-topic/40566-sharing-pic-my-new-shirts.html)

Oh...By the way....YNOT is T. Moore.

Calendyr
07-12-2013, 10:38 PM
I used MycroBurst » Leader in Graphic, Web and Logo Design Contests (http://www.mycroburst.com/) and was really happy with it.

Djulin
07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
I'd love the chance to work with you on a logo. I'm a Senior Art Director at an advertising agency in Pittsburgh. Here's my portfolio:

cargocollective.com/derekjulin

I don't have any logos on my site but if your interested, I'll send you some of the current ones i'm working on.

Let me know.
Thanks!

BillE
07-13-2013, 06:42 AM
An idea...you have a high school locally? Talk with the art teacher and explain what you are trying accomplish. He/she may have a student or two who are as sharp as a tack and could possibly put something together. Could even turn into an 'extra credit' type of assignment.

Oh, have college near by? Maybe try the same thing.

Disclaimer: The reason I'm thinking about this is when I was in high school my girl friends' advertising art class was given the task of designing a menu cover for a local establishment.

Just ideas, good luck...

Bill

DogRescuer
07-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Look this guy up. Sharing a pic of my new shirts... - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/off-topic/40566-sharing-pic-my-new-shirts.html)

Oh...By the way....YNOT is T. Moore.
Thank you I emailed him and I hope he gets back to me.

An idea...you have a high school locally? Talk with the art teacher and explain what you are trying accomplish. He/she may have a student or two who are as sharp as a tack and could possibly put something together. Could even turn into an 'extra credit' type of assignment.

Disclaimer: The reason I'm thinking about this is when I was in high school my girl friends' advertising art class was given the task of designing a menu cover for a local establishment.

Just ideas, good luck...

Bill
Great tip thanks I will try this also.

tuscarora dave
07-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Thank you I emailed him and I hope he gets back to me.

Figured I'd paste my PM reply here as well to help both Tony (YNOT) and anyone wanting a fantastic T-shirt or logo design.

That guy does awesome work. If you go over to autopiaforums and advanced search his user name and click show all threads started by user and browse through many of his threads, you'll see a wide variety of his design works.

Back when autopiaforums was still "detailcity.com" before PBMG acquired it from Dwayne McPeeks, Tony had done all the design work to give the entire site a face lift with a whole new look. He did a fantastic job on the design work for the site.

I had contacted him about designing a logo and T-shirt design for me a few years ago and found him to be very nice and quite attentive to my needs and desires. I never followed through because of financial restraints, but I may still one of these days have him whip me up a cool T-shirt design.

As always, anything to help out a fellow member.. Have a nice weekend. TD

Becciasm
07-13-2013, 09:11 AM

Just ideas, good luck...

Bill

Great idea.

We used a high school technical school student to design our wedding invitations. Much better than any of the professional jobs we had quoted for us.

It have us a great product and allowed the student a graduation project for her degree.

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

tuscarora dave
07-13-2013, 09:54 AM

Just ideas, good luck...

Bill

Great idea.

We used a high school technical school student to design our wedding invitations. Much better than any of the professional jobs we had quoted for us.

It have us a great product and allowed the student a graduation project for her degree.

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online
What a terrific idea!! Get what you need, get it from someone who is striving to do their best work and help that person to advance their future opportunity at the same time!! Win Win for sure.

hellfst
07-13-2013, 09:59 AM

sounds expensive. I made my own from some classes i took in college.

VP Mark
07-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Logo Design Guru - Unlimited concepts from 40,000 designers. (http://www.logodesignguru.com)

Great prices, lots of drafts to choose from.