PDA

View Full Version : Wanna be a Duragloss user

blue oval
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
But first, I want to get the sealant and wax off my paint, and re-apply using Duragloss products. What is the best method for removing the old wax and sealant? I notice DG has a paint cleaner. Will that take care of the sealant and wax? I've also read that Dawn is an option but it may harm plastic and rubber.

Moving on to the DG. What products steps to take to achieve maximum durability and wet look shine? I have a "black" 2005 Ford F-150 stepside, with uncoated polished aluminum wheels--lot's of exterior vinyl trim pieces. The paint right now has minor swirling, with the Ford factory custom orange peel, provided free of charge. ;)

Thanks for the courtesy.

sparkie
06-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Welcome to AGOL.
Wash with DG #901.
Clay
Polish with #101. Work it in untill its almost gone, and wipe with good MF.
Put a coat of #105 by hand, wait 45-60 min. Wipe off. I think you will be please. #105 is really a sealant.

The #101 is a cleaner polish, it will remove the old wax and sealants.

Al-53
06-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Welcome to AGOL.
Wash with DG #901.
Clay
Polish with #101. Work it in untill its almost gone, and wipe with good MF.
Put a coat of #105 by hand, wait 45-60 min. Wipe off. I think you will be please. #105 is really a sealant.

The #101 is a cleaner polish, it will remove the old wax and sealants.

Boy Sparkie your good.....

Sparkie hit it on the nose.....

wash

clay

Use 101 to remove wax and sealants and clean the paint....

105 twice.. a day apart

Aquawax monthly....your good to go then...you will be impressed

for trim I use either Duragloss UD (Vinyl & Leather Dressing) 203 or
Duragloss RBD (Rubber & Flat Black Dressing) #271...I just got the Marine protectant to try out on the trim...will report back on how it worked....

the wheels..Duragloss AC (Aluminum Cleaner & Brightner) #851..spray on wipe around hose off...

I have a Ford Truck also....Glad you got the orange peel option....They had a special when I bought my truck,....it was free...so I took it....lol

Have fun

Al

Truls
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Looks like the DuraGloss gurus has replyed....

Dont you guys let the 101 cure?

Welcome to AGol, the forum where we love pics!!!;)

Nica
06-05-2007, 11:09 AM

hahaha that's putting it lightly..I was going to say it's a requirement hahahaha.

This is a good topic because I'm still fresh to DuraGloss and having the gurus here explain is wicked. I hope more info is shared on this topic.

Al-53
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Truls..I usally do wait some....but with 101 being more the cleaner it is and less of the sealant like 105..but still a good sealant...I apply it in the morning....wait about 4-6 hours and then lay on the 105....on cars I have done I lay 101 on and then do interior ..which I hate ..then buff 101 off and lay 105 on...never had any problems doing it like that EXCEPT in real humid weather....then I do 105 next day....

think of it like Klasse AIO..you lay it on..buff it off and then do SG right after....

Now for laying a second coat of 105 the wait is a must.....and worth the wait...

AL

blue oval
06-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Okie Dokie here's a picture of my truck.

I've clayed, polished using a PC, and all that Jazz. However, I'm completely enamored by Duragloss and it's, OTC durability protection. And the shine is every bit as good as other boutique products, IMHO of course. One other feature is ease of use not only with the initial application, but also maintaining. Obviously I've used Duragloss, just not on my own truck. The time has come, being tired of the carnuaba scene.

Appreciate all the responses with help and suggestions.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/rustyzipper/IMG_9737.jpg

blue oval
06-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I had another question pertaining to the Duragloss and old wax/sealant removal.

I have some of the PC-No.2, while I don't have the 101 on hand. Could I use the pre-cleaner in place of the 101 simply from using up one product before purchasing another standpoint?

However, (cleaning wise) I do want the better of the two. I have a local Carquest in my back yard that does carry the full line of Duragloss. That said purchasing the 101 is definitely not a problem, nor any of their other shine products for that matter.

Kudos again.

blue oval
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
FWIW, here is a picture of the Duragloss line up I do have on hand at this time. Sorry--no 101. :(

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/rustyzipper/IMG_9747.jpg

Nica
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Now your talking...picture, love pictures...very nice truck and nice collection too.

Al-53
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
The truck looks awesome....105 looks great on black....it shows on yours....

Also very nice collection....great starter package....all the goodies...

Al

alban61
06-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Sweet looking truck!! Me want!!

kansasdn
06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
blue oval--I don't see any Fast Clean & Shine--my favorite QD

sparkie
06-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Beautiful:applause: :D
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/rustyzipper/IMG_9747.jpg