PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord Lauren, Menzerna Rocks!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Grimm
06-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I just received my awaited package this afternoon, a bottle of SIP and Micro Polish. Well, I was excited to see what the results would be. Honestly I had set myself up for failure, figuring it wouldn't be any different than the Optimum Hyper Compound I was using (old formula). Well I went out and wiped down the fender of my red '68 Cutlass in my sig pic, right next to the spot where I tested the OHC. I had used OHC twice on a yellow pad and STILL had some light scratches, though swirls were pretty much gone. Well I put down a strip of SIP on the low profile orange pad that came with it, smeared it on and went to work. I worked it for a while until it was broken down, and was thinking hmmm, looks pretty good so far. I stopped, grabbed a mf and wiped her down. I sat there for a second bewildered as I'm staring at a nearly marr free surface! I could not believe my eyes, it looked better (not a lot, but hey this was one pass compared to two on yellow) than the other section I did before. And this stuff doesn't take as long to work in either, so I am so unbelievable excited by how much time this is going to cut down on my polishing! I figured for sure I would be disappointed and have to seriously consider a rotary.

I have a feeling this pad may also have something to do with the results too. So sometime this week I'm going to do a test on the trunk with SIP versus the OHC and post some pictures.

Wow, I didn't realize I could get this excited about it! :cheers:
So Lauren, you had better order some of this stuff for that rock hard Vette, you won't regret it! I can't wait to get back to work on my Bonneville with the hard clear.

ltoman
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
wow! thanks for that! i am very glad to hear you got such good results, and that there is hope for my vette!!!! yah!!!

devst8
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
did you used it with a PC?

alban61
06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Looking forward to your post after doing the trunk with SIP. Were you working outdoors or in a garage?
Do you have XMT4? If you do, how does SIP compare to it?

joe.p
06-04-2007, 08:28 PM
i'm not sure a PC has enough spunk to break down the polish properly..Menzerna has a long working time..i know used with a rotory it will finish down LSP ready..
you can try it with a PC and work the polish a little longer..

Al-53
06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
the PC will work..but will take 2-3 workings ..but a rotary usally does it in 1..2 tops....Menz and a rotary is like magic..its like now you see it now you don't..swirls gone...

Grimm...try a green pad also...it will lessen the micro marring but still cut also..curious to see how it works for you....I used the green and it finished out LSP ready with a PC..i want to see if you get same results....

AL

Grimm
06-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes, I used it with a PC.

Looking forward to your post after doing the trunk with SIP. Were you working outdoors or in a garage?
Do you have XMT4? If you do, how does SIP compare to it?
It was in a garage, on a pretty mild day (65 degrees). No experience with XMT4. I only have Optimum's Hyper Compound and Polish to compare so far.

i'm not sure a PC has enough spunk to break down the polish properly..Menzerna has a long working time..i know used with a rotory it will finish down LSP ready..
you can try it with a PC and work the polish a little longer..
Man, it's got plenty of spunk from where I was standing. I'm still amazed how it blew away the old version of OHC. I'm going to try and do a section on my Bonneville soon as that will be the true test as to how it will work for me. And I could tell that the polish could have been worked longer, I was just anxious to see how it looked. I have no doubt that at least with the Cutlass it should be right where I want it after the one go around with the SIP.

Honestly, I think it's passable as lsp ready being it's not a dark color, but I will be following it up with the Micro Polish after I'm done with the SIP. All I have are the LC flat pads, the orange low profile that came with the polish, and one 5.25" CCS pad to try. I'm not sure what to follow up with, the LC white pad or even the black finishing pad. Any suggestions?

Nica
06-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you had lots of fun Grimm, glad to hear you had a positive experiance with Menzerna. I haven't met a single person who didn't get good results with Menzerna...even if they used it wrong the results are still satisfying.

Looking forword to the pictures.

carguy
06-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I did the trunk of a black lincolon with plenty spider swirls etc, in the sun with a rotary 6.5" white DA pad, temp approx 120 degrees spritz with detail spray, setting #2 and worked up to 3 2by2 ft section a time, great results were nice, then used P 106 with vanilla moose machine glaze on pad dime size of both product on each side of pad,longer working time better results. Very nice product the 106 for the money.

Gnarboots11
06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
What's better, Menzerna or the XMT line of polish? I am looking to get my first set of polish to work my truck with 60k miles and never been polished before. Right now in my shopping cart I have the Pinnacle XMT intermediate intro swirl removal kit but with all this talk I am seeing about Menzerna would I be better off getting that?

Nica
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
What's better, Menzerna or the XMT line of polish? I am looking to get my first set of polish to work my truck with 60k miles and never been polished before. Right now in my shopping cart I have the Pinnacle XMT intermediate intro swirl removal kit but with all this talk I am seeing about Menzerna would I be better off getting that?

First of all welcome to Autogeek. Now your comparison here with XMT and Menzerna is hard to compare. The XMT is more for DA (PC) machines and the Menzerna you can use it with the DA (PC) you just have to work it in a little longer that's all but with a rotary you get incredible results....well either way you get good results. I have the XMT line up, first line up I ever tried out and it works great but now I use Menzerna and Optimum only. I favor Menzerna big time though :D

Hope this helps....and it's not so byes.

Gnarboots11
06-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Cool, thanks for the response. I guess since I will be making my first run on the PC I should do it with the XMT. Sounds to me the Menzerna could be a little bit harder to do for a first time user. Since I have watched all the Pinnacle videos I think maybe I should just try the XMT #3 and #1 and see how it turns out. I will come with pics of my black truck which is covered in filth right now, afterwards!

P1et
06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Lauren, did you buy the 106FF yet?

Do iiiiiit nooooooow!!!

ltoman
06-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Lauren, did you buy the 106FF yet?

Do iiiiiit nooooooow!!!

I am going to - my birthday is in like a week so I am waiting to use the code.
No worries - I can't wait to use it.
Grimm has me all pumped up about Menzerna now, altho no way I am touching a rotary!

Anyone know what the birthday code is? I email Meghan who sent me to Dwayne, but he has not answered yet.

Anyone?
Thank you!:)

ScottB
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
love the title, so true. Make sure you all try the nano-polish, its truly a hidden gem in polishes.