PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Free Black Paint

Pages : [1] 2

SYMAWD
07-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Looks great.
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/SYMAWD/IMAG1859_zpsa2a6be21.jpg

Now, what you are looking at is a brand new car. I work at a dealership and for the most part, here is what you see if your car gets carefully unwrapped. Sometimes the paint actually comes scratched or marred from the factory underneath the wrap. The detail guys actually do a good job on keeping them this way too as they are an outside company, just not your typical wash guys. Each car also gets a coat of paste wax.

The lesson here is, ask that the wraps are kept on your car because if they aren't removed carefully, you'll have some pretty marred paint.

BlackHawk
07-10-2013, 11:57 PM
:spam

hernandez.art13
07-11-2013, 01:15 AM
When you buy a brand new car it comes wrapped in plastic? Like a present?

Never bought a brand spankin new one before.

I wonder if it is spam BlackHawk, not saying it is or isn't, just wondering.

BlackHawk
07-11-2013, 02:15 AM
it was lol

hernandez.art13
07-11-2013, 02:21 AM
it was lol

Lol good thing I didn't send him my SS number :P

SYMAWD
07-11-2013, 07:03 AM
:spam

How? I didn't name a dealership, a brand of car, or anything. Just sharing.

hernandez.art13
07-11-2013, 07:26 AM
How? I didn't name a dealership, a brand of car, or anything. Just sharing.

That's why I wondered if it was spam or just someone sharing.

My apologies for the SS number joke, but I got spammed on AGO online a few times already lol

Thank You for Sharing

mikesal57
07-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Looks great.

Now, what you are looking at is a brand new car. I work at a dealership and for the most part, here is what you see if your car gets carefully unwrapped. Sometimes the paint actually comes scratched or marred from the factory underneath the wrap. The detail guys actually do a good job on keeping them this way too as they are an outside company, just not your typical wash guys. Each car also gets a coat of paste wax.

The lesson here is, ask that the wraps are kept on your car because if they aren't removed carefully, you'll have some pretty marred paint.

Asking them to keep wrap on..

Is it safe to drive home with it still on?
Suppose you need to drive 50 miles to get home....

Mike

queens guy
07-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Symawd thanks for sharing. I did not find this as spam as you not advertising anything but I bought a new car 2 years ago and it did not have any plastics on it. When I got my car i did not know anything about the steps to detailing and i thought the paint looked great a the time so next time I will look for imperfections in the paint.

Mike Phillips
07-11-2013, 08:06 AM
The SPAM post was "hidden" by one of the Mod's. So now you don't see it.

When BlackHawk was replying and calling out the Spammer it was when the spam post was still visible.

BlackHawk was not calling the post by the OP "spam".

Hope that helps...

:)

SYMAWD
07-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Asking them to keep wrap on..

Is it safe to drive home with it still on?
Suppose you need to drive 50 miles to get home....

Mike

It depends. Some are just wrapped on the hood, roof, trunk, fenders and leading edges, but some have a full body wrap covering mirrors and windows, so it depends on how it's wrapped if you can drive it home. However, the wrap cannot come off from driving.

Mike Phillips
07-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Here's what you guys are not able to see, notice how I tool the screen shot and left the bottom of the first post and the top of the 3rd post, (now the second post), in the shot...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/SPAMMER.jpg

Make sense everyone?

:D

BillE
07-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Makes A LOT of sense now...thank you Mike.

Bill

hernandez.art13
07-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Yes it does, thank you Mike

These guys are getting good...

Harry Da Hamster
07-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Looks great.

Heh? :confused:

Why would i keep the wrap on the vehicle and NOT inspect the entire vehicle before taking delivery?