PDA

View Full Version : Bug Squash

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
06-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Is PB Bug Squash any good, and if so could I use it in my foam gun as a presoak for the entire car, or do I need to mix it with some soap? Thanks.

Jimmie
06-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I love it. I use it every wash diluted 3:1. It takes just seconds to hit all the leading edges that catch bugs with a pre wash spray.
I'm guessing that you could have good success with a pressure washer solution. It's worth some experimenting.

supercharged
06-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Is PB Bug Squash any good, and if so could I use it in my foam gun as a presoak for the entire car, or do I need to mix it with some soap? Thanks.
Never really seen a need for in when presoaking a car. I use Poorboy's SS&S for that purpose, and DP Xtreme foam formula, which work just fine. Lower halfs of a vehicle, and front bumer might be another story, where you just spray it on.

sparkie
06-05-2007, 04:11 AM
It's good stuff for newer bugs.

budman3
06-05-2007, 09:29 AM
It's great stuff. You can dilute it to whatever you want but 3:1 is nice. It is especially nice as a preseak during the winter to lift off any salt before you do a wash.

Bigfoot
06-05-2007, 09:37 AM
It's good stuff for newer bugs.

And older ones as well! I have had bug for almost 2 weeks in my bumper and hood. Just spray 3:1, let it soak for a 1-2 minutes, and the bugs melt to it.

trlblazer3
06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
And older ones as well! I have had bug for almost 2 weeks in my bumper and hood. Just spray 3:1, let it soak for a 1-2 minutes, and the bugs melt to it.
:iagree::iagree:

D
06-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I love it! I cant say enough about it and the Pinnacle bug and tar pad. Both should be required for detailing.

I just spray it on where needed.

bambo2888
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
its a pretty good chemical, but it is not a wonder-spray. the newer bugs fall into submission to it, but the older ones couldnt be less affected.

like dd said, the pinnacle safe scrub should be a detailing tool requirement.

trlblazer3
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I have yet to use the Pinnacle bug/tar scrubber. I've had it for a while now. It kind of intimidates me because its so coarse, I'm afraid of marring.

dengood1
06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
its a pretty good chemical, but it is not a wonder-spray. the newer bugs fall into submission to it, but the older ones couldnt be less affected.

like dd said, the pinnacle safe scrub should be a detailing tool requirement.
:iagree: I had to scrub the bejesus out of my wifes car to get the lovebugs off (3-4 days worth). Took 3 times to finally get them off, even with a dobie pad (scrubbie pad safe for all finishes).

bambo2888
06-05-2007, 10:44 AM
I have yet to use the Pinnacle bug/tar scrubber. I've had it for a while now. It kind of intimidates me because its so coarse, I'm afraid of marring.

i was th same way, but you let it soak for 3 minutes and then use it. its the most amazing tool ever invented.

wytstang
06-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Let it soak in your wash solution and it will just glide, just make sure you keep it soaked with soap to prevent marring. I'm sure with enough pressure (really leaning on it) you can marr the paint. A quality soap with plenty of lubrication is required (NXT, GC, #901, SS&S, ect, ect). I have yet to read a post/thread about it marring as well. Has anybody else??

P1et
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I find it a very good product, bought a bit bottle of it. Personally, I spray it on there and let it sit for a bit. Most of the stuff will come off. I don't dilute either, full strenght on it goes!

If I need to aggitate a bit, I spray some on an MF and do it that way. Works great!

D
06-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Havent heard of the Pinnacle pad causing any problems. Treat it like clay. Lots of lube, no pressure, just let it glide across the paint, youll be amazed.

I use PB BS full strength or 1:1.