PDA

View Full Version : Who here DOES NOT like rinseless washes?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Harry Da Hamster
07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Who here does not like rinseless car washes? I do rinseless washes about 25% of the time. For me it seems that a rinseless wash takes much longer than a traditional two bucket wash especially if:
1)i'm doing the "Garry Dean" method cause now i have a dozen+ MF towels that need to be machine washed.
2)there are any heavily soiled areas of the vehicles such as the wheels.

c8n
07-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I do exclusively rinseless due to that I do not have access to running water.
If given the choice, I would rather rinse, foam, rinse and do GD's traditional wash.

Yamasixx
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
In not a huge fan but I am forced to do it at times. I've tried both DP and Blackfire and just haven't been impressed. The traditional method seems to do a better job, IMO.

Harry Da Hamster
07-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Exact reason why i do rinseless some times.

jimjc
07-10-2013, 04:38 PM
I never could understand why people liked rinseless washes, they are a waste of time as far as I`m concerned. I do understand there are people living in places where water is a problem, so that`s the only thing that works. As you say bad break dust and around wheel wells is just to much for that style of wash. I`ll stick with what I do.

RZJZA80
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Tried ONR several years ago and haven't done a traditional wash since, and don't plan on it unless absolutely necessary.

jjj
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Rinseless can be done with great results. Proper technique is key. Pre soak the vehicle with a waterless or onr dilute and then do rinseless gd technique and to me this is what winter washing is about. Jmo

JSou
07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Depends on the weather for me. I like it in those situations but it's traditional all the way for me.

I've not tried waterless washes yet.

cleanmycorolla
07-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Personally I don't know why someone would want to whip out a hose, bucket, foam cannons pressure washer, buckets, blowers, etc when they can get 1 bucket, 2 gallons of water, 20 towels, and an ounce of their product.

I can understand if your car is completely soiled, but we're all cleans freaks obviously, so our cars are never really dirty, ideal for a quick Rinseless!

To each is own, that's why it's fun, everyone has "their" thing!

glen e
07-10-2013, 05:27 PM
How is "I have to wash my 10 towels" a time consumer?

I dump them in the washer and walk away....all of 15 seconds...

Until I get back to a house with a hose, I'll always do rinseless...it's is so easy....4 of my neighbors at our complex do them now...wish I got a Duragloss rinseless $$$ commission...of course rinseless is not the answer for dirty wheels, that requires it's own towels and wash. However opti coat your wheels and you'll be surprised how well rinseless will work on them, if done weekly.

I've noticed a forum behavior at all forums I read; - if something gets popular enuf, it will pi$$ someone off and he will diss it...it happens all the time....dunno why.....

silverfox
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
I think for most its not a question of liking or not liking. It's about what method works in your environment.

If water is abundant with no restrictions and you live in a warm climate, and are not a mobile detailer... rinseless doesn't make a lot of sense.

I prefer high pressure rinsing somewhere in the washing process. Nothing removes grit better than HP washing and it uses very little water. Water is cheap and very plentiful where I live.

Tinwhiskers
07-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I've never tried it and don't think I ever will. I understand some people have to rely on it due to water circumstances, but to me washing my car with water (especially now that I have my CR spotless) has and always will be part of the ritual.

To me that's like having sex without a partner. I'm sure it can be done successfully and achieve the same outcome, but I'll pass and stick with the traditional way every time.

VP Mark
07-10-2013, 06:29 PM
If you are having issues getting good results from a rinse less wash, either your technique is off or the vehicle is just too dirty. Having done hundreds close to thousands of them I can tell you that when your technique gets top notch your results will blow away 2bm and will save you tons of time, effort, and product.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

01GreyStangGT
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I do rinseless most of the time now. I think it is as fast, if not faster than traditional washing.

glen e
07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Anybody notice by varying the amount of product you can get diff results?

Depending on the severity of dirt, I use 1, 1.5 or 2 oz with great success.