PDA

View Full Version : Pre-soak with ONR, then traditional wash?

Harry Da Hamster
07-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Just thinking of ways to further reduce changes of marring on my super soft black paint. I was contemplating the idea of rinsing, then pre-soaking with ONR, then traditional 2 bucket soapy wash. Anyone do this?

Wheelzntoys
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
I presoak with either ONR or UWW+, then rinse and continue with regular 2b wash.

spiralout462
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Sometimes I'll do that on the front clip if it's buggy. It seems like a waste of good ONR to me though. Try a few drops in your wash and rinse buckets, it acts as a water conditioner and helps your media glide over the surface.

Iron400
07-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Sometimes I'll do that on the front clip if it's buggy. It seems like a waste of good ONR to me though. Try a few drops in your wash and rinse buckets, it acts as a water conditioner and helps your media glide over the surface.

:iagree: I'd just add it to the buckets, but a pre-soak can't hurt either?

BlackHawk
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
adding ONR or UWW+ kills the suds for me. I mean i get so little suds when i put in some into the mix its not even worth doing.

Lowejackson
07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
I spray ONR and then wash with ONR, works perfectly for me. One thing I have been trying recently is to spray with Power Clean and then wash with ONR (two buckets) this works very well on very dirty cars. Slight variation is to use the OPC and then spray with ONR followed by ONR wash. Seems to get slightly more dirt out

mwoolfso
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Oddly enough, I just did this over the weekend but in reverse. My pre-soak was with Pinnacle Gel Shampoo & Conditioner and a foam cannon; let it dwell for a bit and then decided to keep the mitts in their cases and went over to a rinsless wash approach. I then rinsed the car with the hose and then made a rinseless pass with ONR.