PDA

View Full Version : rode in a 2011 cobra jet!

statusdetailing
07-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Guys! One of my best clients took me for a ride in his 2011 cobra jet last night. Let me tell you, Ive been in some fast cars but this thing was insane. We he hit second gear i became a permanent part of the recarro racing seats. This thing was LOUD. He had true dual exhaust out back and side pipes exiting in front of the rear wheels.

This car started life as a GT but was completely rebuilt into a monster cobra jet to spec plus some. I believe he's pushing around 650 hp and has around 90 grand in the thing. It felt like it was stuck to the pavement by some unhuman magnetic force...

I'll be detailing it, along with his shelby gt 500 in the near future.

Had some trouble uploading the pics. Will try to upload a full body shot asap

PA DETAILER
07-10-2013, 12:24 PM
sweet. nice to have money for toys.

TundraPower
07-10-2013, 03:36 PM
A neighbor of mine down the street is a mechanic. He has a Cobra kit car. He ordered everything and put it together himself over about a 6 month period. Scariest car I've ever ridden in people. 4 miles to the gallon!

sproketser
07-10-2013, 03:56 PM
LOL , that some racing car right !

rmagnus
07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Guys! One of my best clients took me for a ride in his 2011 cobra jet last night. Let me tell you, Ive been in some fast cars but this thing was insane. We he hit second gear i became a permanent part of the recarro racing seats. This thing was LOUD. He had true dual exhaust out back and side pipes exiting in front of the rear wheels.

This car started life as a GT but was completely rebuilt into a monster cobra jet to spec plus some. I believe he's pushing around 650 hp and has around 90 grand in the thing. It felt like it was stuck to the pavement by some unhuman magnetic force...

I'll be detailing it, along with his shelby gt 500 in the near future.

Had some trouble uploading the pics. Will try to upload a full body shot asap

Sounds like FUN to me! Looking forward to the detail.

Ace22
07-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Looks cool! Thanks for sharing a pic and a beautiful ride. I would think 90K would buy you more than 650 ponies...where does that money go?

BobbyK
07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks cool! Thanks for sharing a pic and a beautiful ride. I would think 90K would buy you more than 650 ponies...where does that money go?

It's a low production turn-key sub 10 second drag car available direct from Ford Racing. I could be wrong... but I think you have to actually qualify to make the initial purchase from the factory. Dodge offers a "drag pak" Challenger and Chevrolet offers a "COPO" Camaro.

sproketser
07-10-2013, 07:33 PM
They made like 50 for the year in 2010 or 2011 .

statusdetailing
07-10-2013, 08:31 PM
He's about to add nitrous. The purge line will run right out of the snakes mouth on the front grill! The cobra will look like it's spitting venom.

I have no idea how he put almost 90k in the car. He's nuts, but it's cool as heck.

Ace22
07-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Makes sense...looks killer and bet it sounds like a beast! I have never seen one in person...love to see the detail job on it!

statusdetailing
07-10-2013, 08:49 PM
It may be a couple months before it's in my shop, as he's still doing a little work on it, but I'll definitely post some pics when I detail it.