PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Zaino Z-16-Tire Gloss

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

explorerlyon
07-10-2013, 09:29 AM
My bottle of Zaino z-16 tire gloss has run out. I love the product but want to try somehing new. The Zaino lasts a very long time, satin sheen (slight gloss) and dries quickly with no slinging.

What can you recommend as a replacement from AG with the same charateristics?

Setec Astronomy
07-10-2013, 09:39 AM
My bottle of Zaino z-16 tire gloss has run out. I love the product but want to try somehing new. The Zaino lasts a very long time, satin sheen (slight gloss) and dries quickly with no slinging.

Was your Z-16 a thin white liquid that smelled like lemon? If so, I can't tell the difference to this: Duragloss Tire & Rubber Mat Dressing (TMD) #253 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-tire---rubber-mat-dressing.html)

I understand newer Z-16 is thicker and bluish, if yours was like that I don't know what an equivalent would be.

Inzane
07-10-2013, 09:40 AM
I've used Z-16 for a while too (old version and newer one) and like it. The closest alternate product that I've also used is Poorboy's Bold n' Bright.

However, two other products I'd recommend to you is Optimum Opti-Bond and CarPro PERL. They are less watery, more like a gel, and give a 'bit' shinier look (IMO). But from what I can tell both seem to last longer for me than Z-16.

As much as I've liked Z-16, I probably won't be replacing my bottle once it's gone, now that I've discovered those others.

Pats300zx
07-10-2013, 10:12 AM
I would go with what some of the others have already stated. I just picked up some DG 321 and could tell NO difference between DG 321 and Zaino Z16. They smelled identical and looked the same when applied.

Duragloss Non Silicone Tire Dressing (NSD) #321 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-non-silicone-tire-dressing.html)

If you like slightly more gloss and a little more durability then try out PERL at 3:1.

Setec Astronomy
07-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I would go with what some of the others have already stated. I just picked up some DG 321 and could tell NO difference between DG 321 and Zaino Z16. They smelled identical and looked the same when applied.

As I stated earlier, my Z-16 (circa 2005) was a thin white liquid that smelled lemony. Do you have the newer Z-16 which was supposed to be thicker and bluish? Is that the one that is similar to DG 321?

ihaveacamaro
07-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Optibond or PERL is the way to go. Dilute PERL 1:1 or 1:2 for the look you want.

Inzane
07-10-2013, 02:25 PM
As I stated earlier, my Z-16 (circa 2005) was a thin white liquid that smelled lemony. Do you have the newer Z-16 which was supposed to be thicker and bluish? Is that the one that is similar to DG 321?

I have no experience with the duragloss products, and its been a while since my older white Z-16 ran out. But I did have a bit of overlap where I got some of the newer before my old one ran out. From what I recall, the only real difference was color. (The scent may have varied a bit too, but it was at least the same 'kind' of scent, same family of scents if that makes sense.) Consistency/viscosity seemed to be the same, or very very close. And the results... how it applied, how it looked and how long it lasted... I saw no real tangible difference or improvement with the newer version.

YMMV.

FUNX650
07-10-2013, 03:09 PM
My bottle of Zaino z-16 tire gloss has run out. I love the product but want to try somehing new.
The Zaino lasts a very long time, satin sheen (slight gloss) and dries quickly with no slinging.

After reading of your high praise for Z-16...http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/hug.gif

Perhaps I'm the one that should switch...from using 303 AP or Opti-Bond...to Z-16?!?!

~$12.99(16oz.)-$15.99(32oz.)...vs...~$12.95(16oz.) http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/think.gif

Bob

Dr_Pain
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
My vote: Poorboy's World Bold N Bright Tire Dressing
Poorboy's Bold N Bright Tire Dressing: A two-in-one tire cleaner/dressing that yields stunning results. poorboys tire treatment, poorboys rubber (http://www.autogeek.net/pbbnb16.html)

Smells like coconut! Dresses very nicely! and shines if you want to make it shine.

I do remember vaguely the Z16 and the liquidy stuff did not give me the results that PB BnB gives me in terms of durability, shine etc...

RZJZA80
07-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that Zaino is relabeled DG or the other way around, something like that, that's why you can't hardly tell a difference between the products. If it's true, I have no idea why anyone would buy Zaino when DG is the same and far cheaper.

ScottB
07-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Optibond, Perls, or DP Tire Gel ....

explorerlyon
08-24-2013, 06:51 PM
I have now used the Optibond for the past month. Have used it on my boat trailer tires, SUV tires and Jeep offroad tires. Not really impressed. Dosen't spread very well, shine only lasted a few days and by the next wash, really didn't see much product left. I tried it straight and diluted 1:1. Diluted was a better look and applications. Given the great review of Optibond, I must be doing something wrong. So far, the Z-16 was a much better look and lasted way longer.

Klasse Act
08-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I'd go with DG tire gel, it goes on w/ 1 swipe and its a nice, matte finish, you'll like it!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Tinwhiskers
08-24-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm currently using Optibond and really like it. I bought every tire dressing known to man and never found one I liked. I honestly didn't like Optibond either. That is until a man named Richy shared the greatest application method.

The trick to good looking tires is in the application. You need a paint gun or Optibond's spray gun (which is what I use) to atomize the product and apply it by spraying lightly on the tire.
It takes seconds to detail a tire and the look is the blackest tire with a nice wet gloss (not ghetto). The rubber seems to absorb the product and looks good for a couple of weeks through rain and washes. I've never had a sling issue with this method, but then again I've never had a sling issue with any product or method.

I really don't know why it works so well but it does. You need an air compressor though.

Dewy
08-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I used z16 for years. Good stuff. If you are looking for something similar, Optibond is not the way to go. It is way thicker. However imo the Optibond is far superior. You can buff it after application to your desired shine. What I like about it is after the shine is gone, the tire just seems to stay very black.