PDA

View Full Version : * * * offical 2013-2014 fantasy football thread * * *

Pages : [1] 2

Christopher.Brown
07-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Hey all,

I know im new here. But i spend a TREMENDOUS time each year [year round] following the NFL...

I have a great track record [i cash every year in top 3 spots] and i usually play 4-6 leagues each season.

So you can direct all Fantasy football talk here with any specific questions or comments and i will get back to them as fast as i can.

I literally tell people FF is a sickness.. on the level i do it.. but y'all can relate because thats what we do with detailing so its comes natural to us!

SO..... :cheers: on the season ahead and i will do whatever i can to help you win your league1

Its FUN AS HELL, bragging rights for a year, and more importantly [for me] its HAWT DOLLA$$!!

:dblthumb2:

goldendodo19
07-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Go Jets!!!

The last two years in my league I've come in second lol. Won my money back at least. I tend to pick up the right free agents at the right times. This should be an interesting year for fantasy with some of the recent free agent transactions, and the patriots debacle.

Christopher.Brown
07-10-2013, 09:58 AM
lol im a Miami fan..... :poke: :bash:

you guys are going through the 'rebuilging' process that Mia has for the last 15yrs since Marino retired.....

Fins still are. We had some bad qbs but sanchez??!?!?!

Lol he went to the same HS i did and i always thought he was hype, but my god a$$tackled by ur own lineman!!

this is all in good rivalry fun... but i cant stand sanchez because he's always had the attitude as if hes elite.. he was on how man commercials 3 yrs ago.. and now he cant even sell autographs..

but TE is really deep this year... after Graham, you can wait wait wait to take one.. let everyone else fight over scraps because the point difference between the second tier shouldnt be worth using up any of your top 8 draft spots. Youll have a guy outside the projected top 20 break top 10 easy. Actually i think 2-4 guys have that potential this year..

have fun

goldendodo19
07-10-2013, 10:03 AM
lol im a Miami fan..... :poke: :bash:

you guys are going through the 'rebuilging' process that Mia has for the last 15yrs since Marino retired.....

Fins still are. We had some bad qbs but sanchez??!?!?!

Lol he went to the same HS i did and i always thought he was hype, but my god a$ by ur own lineman!!

this is all in good rivalry fun... but i cant stand sanchez because he's always had the attitude as if hes elite.. he was on how man commercials 3 yrs ago.. and now he cant even sell autographs..

but TE is really deep this year... after Graham, you can wait wait wait to take one.. let everyone else fight over scraps because the point difference between the second tier shouldnt be worth using up any of your top 8 draft spots. Youll have a guy outside the projected top 20 break top 10 easy. Actually i think 2-4 guys have that potential this year..

have fun

Lol, we'll see if Miami is all hype or for real. I think tannehill can be alright, but I personally am not sold on Wallace, I think hes a get paid and slack off type of guy, sorta like Santonio.

You got Keller, who as long as hes healthy can be a nice weapon.

I cant stand Sanchez in post game conferences, he never takes responsibility for his horrible play. Whatever chance he had at being good the Jets killed last year. And Geno Smith is not going to be good. Good thing he was only a second round pick.

Yeah TE is deep, no need to go for that right off the bat, I think a solid QB is a necessity first, then maybe a receiver. I dont believe in taking big running backs early mainly because if you look around the league as the season goes on running backs who youve never heard of pop up here and there. Plus you can always find a back on free agents getting a start because of an injury or hot streak and more often than not its a good pickup.

Last year I actually picked up t rich and I would say 14/17 weeks he was a guaranteed 10 points (in the way my league was set up) which was perfect.

I find receivers hit or miss depending on a variety of things, how much of a threat, matchup, qb, etc.

Christopher.Brown
07-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I agree i think Tannehill has the physical skills.. he just hasnt been in the position that long. So hes always learnign leaps and bounds.. which is REALLY encouraging for us fins fans :D

yea i didnt liek the wallace pick up.. hes a talent but seemingly unmotivated and pouts when he doenst get the ball..

Ive always liked Kellers physical attributes, but his health is ALWAYS a concern :(

league size?
league scoring system? [standard, ppr, 2 qb, flex???]

also what are the relative expertise levels of the people your in league..

im asking because WR is infinitely deep..

and QB is deep for 10 man leagues even up to 12... now 2 qb leagues is QB priority NUMERO UNO!

RB are the priority because the drop off between the top tier and second tier can be as much as 6-10 points per game, or more depending on scoring formats.... which can be HUGE.. and if its a ppr those RBs that catch are great .... AND if your PPR has a Rb that can be used in the flex its EVEN MORE PARAMOUNT!!!!

goldendodo19
07-10-2013, 10:25 AM
I agree i think Tannehill has the physical skills.. he just hasnt been in the position that long. So hes always learnign leaps and bounds.. which is REALLY encouraging for us fins fans :D

yea i didnt liek the wallace pick up.. hes a talent but seemingly unmotivated and pouts when he doenst get the ball..

Ive always liked Kellers physical attributes, but his health is ALWAYS a concern :(

league size?
league scoring system? [standard, ppr, 2 qb, flex???]

also what are the relative expertise levels of the people your in league..

im asking because WR is infinitely deep..

and QB is deep for 10 man leagues even up to 12... now 2 qb leagues is QB priority NUMERO UNO!

RB are the priority because the drop off between the top tier and second tier can be as much as 6-10 points per game, or more depending on scoring formats.... which can be HUGE.. and if its a ppr those RBs that catch are great .... AND if your PPR has a Rb that can be used in the flex its EVEN MORE PARAMOUNT!!!!

We did 1 QB, 2 Backs, 3 WRs, 1TE, 1 Flex, kicker and a defense, I think. We had 10 guys last year I think.

Offense League Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 7
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
40+ Yard Completions 0
40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns 0

Thats the point spread copied from the league settings

Christopher.Brown
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
We did 1 QB, 2 Backs, 3 WRs, 1TE, 1 Flex, kicker and a defense, I think. We had 10 guys last year I think.

Offense League Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 7
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
40+ Yard Completions 0
40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns 0

Thats the point spread copied from the league settings

so goaline hawks should dominate for the sheer number of tds alone [although the top 3 wr's, will be right in the mix as will jimmy graham..that means the likes of: Steven jackson, AP, doug martin, Foster [id take him later than the other] Charles, and Mccoy, maybe alfred morris again...

With 10 person leagues its really easy to get a good qb 3rd round...

If you go RB RB QB WR WR RB BP BP BP BP BP [best player]

then you will snatch up the most coveted position and start a run so ppl will panic and then you can get a SOLID qb and WR is very easy to plug and play, match up and conference wise... This wil be advantageous to you because you said youre waiver wire conscious [GREAT trait!]

you may know this but ALWAYS ALWAYS pick kickers last 2 picks... D/ST shouldnt need to be take before round 12.... this way you can sift through all the names that fall through the cracks....

i dont necessarily put a lot of stock in rookies.. esp receivers.... but a big impact rookie this year should be layvion Bell of pittsburgh.... All indications are that he will be a 3 down back and they got him to pound the rock at goalline..... and also becaus they had no running attack they gave up leads from poor clock management.. SO as long as he keeps up his first team reps at practices as hes been doing, he should be the clear starter in one of the heavier run heavy offenses....

i would use monte ball until week 4, so you can see what john fox is doing.. he has a track record of using Rb by platoon...

just some of my .02

just a few things .. i could write about this ALL day... lol i told you its a sickness

Christopher.Brown
07-19-2013, 10:56 AM
did my first auction mock draft last night...

were a week away from training camps!!!!!

how many football fans we have here?

Sound off with your teams and if you play fantasy or not

JSou
07-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Seahawks fan here since I was a kid. Watched them from the Jon Kitna days and Hasselbeck era. I think the team has grown more hate in the last year than ever. Before then, nobody knew who they were...lol.

Never played fantasy but would like to learn. We have a company league here and I would love to cash out!

Christopher.Brown
07-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Seahawks fan here since I was a kid. Watched them from the Jon Kitna days and Hasselbeck era. I think the team has grown more hate in the last year than ever. Before then, nobody knew who they were...lol.

Never played fantasy but would like to learn. We have a company league here and I would love to cash out!

yea, those were tough years for the seachickens...

Im a Mia fan and weve had a lot of WORSE qbs! so i feel yiour pain

I say GO FOR IT.....If you want to get into fantasy NOW is a good time. Start reading beginning articles. Then when you get into your league FIRST THING you want to do is understand the scoring settings. THEN review last years top scorers.... for the typical league this will give you a guide for where the prices will be this year..Try your hand in mock drafts to learn the process.. especially on the site(s) you will be drafting on

read read read and follow the news for player movemnt, camp news, and always INJURIES INJURIES INJURIES

there is SOOO much to cover i cant put it all here but im happy to answer any questions i can handle in a single post

Most important have fun and talk trash with your buddies :dblthumb2:

Christopher.Brown
07-24-2013, 06:24 PM
training camps have started boys....

43 days from kickoff!

TopThatDetail
07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
GoPackGo

bulldog shine
07-25-2013, 10:16 PM
The bad birds of Baltimore, go Ravens!!!

b0b
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
WHODEY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

netoje
07-25-2013, 10:41 PM
I won our FF league last year at work. You are not kidding, it is addictive and fun!