PDA

View Full Version : Sponge for bug removal

DogRescuer
07-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Has anyone used the yellow sponge from AG for removing tar and bugs?

If not tell us why?

Ive used it and it really works well and ofcourse IMHO doesnt seem to harm the paint, although I dont know why.

07gtcs
07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Yes...i use the yellow Pinnacle Bug Sponge and love it. Summer and Fall in Iowa is the bug capital of the world.

agarabaghi
07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Yall aint got nothing on Floridas Love Bug seasons!

ihaveacamaro
07-10-2013, 10:06 AM

Uh yeah, I can attest to that!

TheCougarGuy
07-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Soak it in hot water first.

damaged442
07-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Initially, I was scared to use the thing, it was hard as a rock! I thought it was going to scratch the crap out of the paint. In all honesty, I'm impressed with it. Once you soak it in the bucket with a bunch of suds, it does a great job.

erichaley
07-10-2013, 10:39 AM
They're also awesome for cleaning your pads on the fly, a tip I learned from one of Mike's posts. They're especially awesome at cleaning denim orange peel pads.

statusdetailing
07-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Ive used them a lot in my shop. You have to keep them very clean and soak them in sudsy water first...preferrably warm water.

They are no bueno for maintenance washes. They are a good tool for professional detailers to remove severely caked on bugs.

If i was trying to maintain a nice car...especially a black car, i wouldnt use one. Its just too aggressive.

It would be better to use something like cg bug bugger , let that dwell at about 4:1 and wipe off with a warm sudsy microfiber towel.

For a serious bug problem use the same method but place large hot and steamy towels over the front portion of the vehicle and allow to sit and break up the bugs before you use the previous method

DogRescuer
07-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I agree, Im in va but did a white car from Florida, and it workr\ed awesome.

They're also awesome for cleaning your pads on the fly, a tip I learned from one of Mike's posts. They're especially awesome at cleaning denim orange peel pads.
Great tip

[QUOTE=statusdetailing;907751]Ive used them a lot in my shop. You have to keep them very clean and soak them in sudsy water first...preferrably warm water.
Thanks I have to clean mine

It would be better to use something like cg bug bugger , let that dwell at about 4:1 and wipe off with a warm sudsy microfiber towel.
Wouldnt Tarminator work

statusdetailing
07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
tarminator would probably work but it's just a little too aggressive and really better for tar as it's a solvent. I've heard of it damaging plastic trim.

I've never had trouble with bug bugger and it is very affordable as it's a concentrated product and can be diluted.