Pages : [1] 2 3

david11g35
07-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Any guesses on the wax?

Im taking a wild guess and saying Meguairs Black Wax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGwQDVbOgo

hernandez.art13
07-10-2013, 02:04 AM
Saw this too, I was going to guess Collinite 476s maybe topped with something? (Probably not topped but looks great)

StuDLei
07-10-2013, 02:23 AM
no wax, because he doesn't believe wax offers shine, just protection

hernandez.art13
07-10-2013, 02:24 AM
Oh yeah forgot about, then have no clue lol

silverfox
07-10-2013, 04:06 AM
Come on all you wax fanatics out there...show that your spending all that money on 57 different waxes has paid off.

...not holding my breath.

Becciasm
07-10-2013, 07:28 AM
clearly its nu-finish? where's Psynx? :D j/k

XSSIVE
07-10-2013, 07:41 AM
no wax, because he doesn't believe wax offers shine, just protection

That would be my guess too.

c8n
07-10-2013, 07:58 AM
I would guess either no wax or Midnight Express

hernandez.art13
07-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Junkman's story made it on AG through FaceBook! It's really exciting when your story makes it on their Facebook page.

goldendodo19
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
clearly its nu-finish? where's Psynx? :D j/k

Lol I think hes in trouble. Thanks art.

This is obviously a trick question because as stated the junkman doesnt believe waxes do anything. I agree 100% that polishing the paint is probably 85-90% of the final look but the wax has to affect the color of the paint, it doesnt matter if its clear coated or single stage. Youre putting a layer of something on top of the paint, its going to slightly alter the look. Enough to make a huge difference? No, but you can get different looks from different waxes. Ive seen it myself. But to each his own.

hernandez.art13
07-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Not sure about wax adding only protection and no additional shine, not saying yes and not saying no.

The video with Mike and the Red Corvette. They added PL then a carnauba wax enhance the wet look. Or give it the wet look don't remember.

I also know Larry From AMMO talks about topping. He calls it something else however. But same concept. (Maybe layering do not recall)

Different courses for different horses, I guess.

Junkman's video when he says "Bone dry was pretty amazing, first time I saw that concept being used" (don't even know what that concept is called) lol

sproketser
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Ome !

Bunky
07-10-2013, 10:59 AM
I would not even try to guess.

The camera cannot capture what the human eye can observe. Every image that comes out of a camera is processed so there is manipulation there.

StuDLei
07-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Not sure about wax adding only protection and no additional shine, not saying yes and not saying no.

The video with Mike and the Red Corvette. They added PL then a carnauba wax enhance the wet look. Or give it the wet look don't remember.

I also know Larry From AMMO talks about topping. He calls it something else however. But same concept. (Maybe layering do not recall)

Different courses for different horses, I guess.

Junkman's video when he says "Bone dry was pretty amazing, first time I saw that concept being used" (don't even know what that concept is called) lol

Wax does add shine whether the Junkman believes it or not. Back before I started reading AG I used to wax my car once or twice a year with otc stuff. There was always a huge difference for about a week or two. That difference was that my car shined tremendously for two weeks!

Now, if you put a wax on top of PERFECT paint, it may not make as big of a deal.

I haven't done enough experimenting on my own, but I've seen Junkman's vid where he tries to demonstrate that wax does not add any shine to paint. It's impossible to draw a conclusion watching that video.

However, it would have been interesting to see him use an ipa on one side of his hood, so as to take any polishing oils out of the paint and then wax the other. Maybe he did do this and I just didn't see it or don't remember. His vids tend to be very lengthy. :)

StuDLei
07-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I would not even try to guess.

The camera cannot capture what the human eye can observe. Every image that comes out of a camera is processed so there is manipulation there.

Agree completely.