PDA

View Full Version : Splatter on Black Trim

Islander
06-04-2007, 02:44 PM
AG order came in and did my 1st PC detail this weekend. Had some splatter, mostly from Clearkote RMG and some from from XMT1 & 2, which got on some black trim pieces and windshield wiper arms.

Please, whats a good product or method to clean the black plastic trim & flat-black wiper arms? Any recommendations for a product to "blacken" them up & protect them after cleaning?

Thanx!

sparkie
06-04-2007, 04:17 PM
DG#271, DG#101, or XMT360.
#271 on this pic.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/5221-review-day-one-duragloss-271-a.html
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/MeredithWash011.jpg

sparkie
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Almost forgot, Klasse AIO.

Islander
06-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey Sparkie-

The DG271 looks teriffic on the wiper arms & plastic cowl in your photo! I never would have thought AIO as a solution to my spalatter. Looks like I'll be placing another order with AG (and a little neater next time I detail my car)!!!

Many Thanks,
Warren

sparkie
06-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Hey Sparkie-

The DG271 looks teriffic on the wiper arms & plastic cowl in your photo! I never would have thought AIO as a solution to my spalatter. Looks like I'll be placing another order with AG (and a little neater next time I detail my car)!!!

Many Thanks,
Warren
You're welcome. On #271 it's different then dressing, it's more of a polish. The more you buff the better the shine.

Islander
06-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Sparkie-

Thanx again for the help.

Curiously, is the Ford GT a client's car or is it yours? It (the original GT40....yeah I'm that old) has been a dream car for me since I was a kid. It was my favorite body for the Aurora Electric Race Set I had & also a Cox 1/18 scale Gas Car I had. I have a model of one on top of my Audio Equipment Rack to this day.

Best,
W

sparkie
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Sparkie-

Curiously, is the Ford GT a client's car or is it yours? It (the original GT40....yeah I'm that old) has been a dream car for me since I was a kid. It was my favorite body for the Aurora Electric Race Set I had & also a Cox 1/18 scale Gas Car I had. I have a model of one on top of my Audio Equipment Rack to this day.

Best,
W
Ha Ha Ha I wish that car was mine. Just my pic in front of it. It's one of my favorites too!

Islander
09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey Sparkie-

A long overdue thank-you.... I tried duragloss wax remover #471 follwed by the #271 rubber & flat black dressing & the cowl & wiper arms I got splatter on an they now look great.

Pros like you make life much easier for rookies like me!

sparkie
09-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Sparkie-

A long overdue thank-you.... I tried duragloss wax remover #471 follwed by the #271 rubber & flat black dressing & the cowl & wiper arms I got splatter on an they now look great.

Pros like you make life much easier for rookies like me!
You're welcome. I wish I was a pro. Glad it work out for you...

Surfer
09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Sparkie-

Best,
WIts mine, Sparkie details it for me, he picked it up from the dealer to drive home when I 1st bought it........

sparkie
09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Its mine, Sparkie details it for me, he picked it up from the dealer to drive home when I 1st bought it........
:D