PDA

View Full Version : Critical Details: Cadillac CTS - Paint Correction

CriticalDetails
07-09-2013, 04:09 PM
This 2011 Cadillac CTS 4 came in for a vehicle sale/dealer trade in prep detail. Whenever selling or trading a vehicle it is important to clean every inch of the vehicle inside and out. An extensive detail that includes a paint correction can add thousands of dollars to a vehicle’s resale value. After 18 hours of premium automotive detailing I present to you Critical Details latest detailing video.

Menzerna Final Finish was used on a white Lake Country 5.5 pad to polish paint. Spot compounding was performed on more severe defects using Menzerna Intensive Polish on an orange Lake Country 4 inch pad. My camera had a hard time picking up the defects but if you look closely below the LED light you can see the swirl marks on the before and after on the door.

Detailing performed:
Minor Paint Correction
Engine Compartment Detail
Interior Rejuvenation Detail

Car Detailing: Cadillac CTS - Paint Correction, Critical Details - YouTube

sproketser
07-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow , silver 2 doors ! I love these .

CriticalDetails
07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Wow , silver 2 doors ! I love these .

I like how clean the CTS looks with electronic door handles.

Thanks for watching.

sproketser
07-09-2013, 05:03 PM
No problem , my mother owns a 2010 CTS , so when I see one , I look at them , thanx again for sharing .

CriticalDetails
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
No problem , my mother owns a 2010 CTS , so when I see one , I look at them , thanx again for sharing .

You're welcome. I am currently uploading the Engine Compartment Detail video to YouTube. Keep an eye out for more CTS footage shortly.

sproketser
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
You're welcome. I am currently uploading the Engine Compartment Detail video to YouTube. Keep an eye out for more CTS footage shortly.

Thanx , appreciated mate .

Wors
07-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Nice work on the video and thanks for sharing.

CriticalDetails
07-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Nice work on the video and thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

CriticalDetails
07-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Engine Compartment Detail

Since the engine bay requires additional attention to detail when cleaning and is often sensitive to excessive water exposure, we steam clean the engine compartment using a commercial grade vapor steamer. The steamer operates at only 5% humidity thereby allowing us to safely clean your vehicle's engine without placing critical engine components at risk.

An acid free all-purpose cleaner is sprayed onto the engine and agitated with a combination of nylon and boars hair brushes.
Engine compartment is thoroughly steam cleaned.
Plastic, vinyl and rubber will be dressed using a water based dressing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stJYIZjCCrw]Car Detailing: Cadillac CTS - Engine Compartment Detail, Critical Details - YouTube[/video]

sproketser
07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanx for sharing mate ! I love that vid .

CriticalDetails
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanx for sharing mate ! I love that vid .

You're welcome. I am glad that you liked the video.

hoyt66
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
That's it! I want a foam gun!

CriticalDetails
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
That's it! I want a foam gun!

Foam guns and cannons are a lot of fun and must for anyone who cares about maintaining a swirl free finish.