PDA

View Full Version : New to Autogeeks

Gnarboots11
06-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Found the website just through google and I ended up purchasing the PC w/the CCS pad kit, Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, Wolfgang black diamond tire gel, Pinnacle SouveranSizzling Shine Kit, DP Wheel Glaze and few other things. Anyways, I have a new car and I spent this past Saturday doing a clean. Started off using Dawn dish washing soap, then did a clay bar, then Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion, then WolfGang DGPS. I let it sit overnight in the garage and the next morning I topped it off with the Pinnacle Souv Carnauba. Anyways, looks incredible, it is a Dark Metallic Grey and all of the Metallic pops in the sun, i was really impressed. This was my first time actually going to this extent on a car clean, previously all i would do was some Mcguiers Gold Class liquid cleaner wax and call it a day. I guess now since I have purchased my first brand new car, and a dark metallic color, I best step it up with the big boys. Did I do OK?

I didn't used the PC on the car because I am a bit nervous to do it on a brand new car, so I will practice on my older truck first. Also, I didn't do any sort of swirl removal XMT products, I plan on doing that later on when the paint really need it. Is there a limit to the amount of swirl removal you can do on a car? I don't know much about this stuff, but I do know wood floors in a house, they can only be refinished so many times. It seems to me if I am using an abrasive on my paint to remove swirls, I can only do this so many times before I have completely removed the clear coat. Is this true?

Also, is there a product that removes wax stains on rubber/plastic trim?

sparkie
06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Welcome to AGOL. Sounds like you done a great job. We like pics around here.
There is a limit to clear removal.
Wax removal Ag has them

Duragloss Wax Eraser (WE) #481 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-wax-eraser.html)
http://www.autogeek.net/wax-remover.html

Gnarboots11
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
OK thanks for the links! I will work on getting some pics this week.

As far as the clear having a limit. Since this is the case wouldn't I be better off waiting like till maybe next year before I start doing abrasives on my new paint? It seems to me I would be better off waiting for the swirling and stuff to accumulate before I blow my load, if you know what I mean. I will only have a limited amount of abrasive polishes I can make, I want to make them really count.

sparkie
06-05-2007, 04:06 AM
OK thanks for the links! I will work on getting some pics this week.

As far as the clear having a limit. Since this is the case wouldn't I be better off waiting like till maybe next year before I start doing abrasives on my new paint? It seems to me I would be better off waiting for the swirling and stuff to accumulate before I blow my load, if you know what I mean. I will only have a limited amount of abrasive polishes I can make, I want to make them really count.
You can get a less abrasive polishes like Duragloss #101 or Klasse AIO or XMT 360 would be fine. Work it in until its almost gone and wipe of the rest.