PDA

View Full Version : Just Venting

Excessive Detail
06-04-2007, 01:19 PM
AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH, spent six hours detaing the @!#$%^& out of my car yesterday, polished it out to perfection, put a coat of DG 105, Klasse, and Pinn Paste Glaze, polished out all the windows and sealed them, and of course as soon as I gewt to work it freakin starts to rain, I'm so pissed, it never fails. Okay, I'm done venting, thanks for listening.

Mike T
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Happened to many times here. I know how you feel.

Nica
06-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Seems like mother nature dose not like the competition hehehe so she has to put water on a shiny car...I'm sure we can all relate to your frustratrion buddy. I kinda enjoy having extra vehicles to drive, because once I detail mine I just leave it in the garage and admire it...then the next weekend (if the weather is nice) I take it out hehehehe :D

Mike T
06-04-2007, 01:56 PM
You know its only going to get worse as we get further into Hurricane season.
Black car + Hurricane season = Extreme Frustration. All I can do is stock up on Waterless Wash, AW, & Spray Souveran and hope for the best.

CalgaryDetail
06-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Isnt that always the way... be happy it wasnt snow. It wasnt more then 2 weeks ago we had snow.... but i feel your paint.

Just think. Its anther excuses to wash the car (like you needed one)

DavidJ021
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Thats why I enjoy California summers :D

klumzypinoy
06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Thats why I enjoy California summers :D

California's having weirdo weather.

Sorry to hear about that Excessive, but I was expecting something worse, something permanent *knocks on wood*.

Truls
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Only thing that beats rain after a detailing is bird droppings.....almost like they spot the cleanest car and start having a contest about witch bird hits the car first.

2KLS1
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Thats why I enjoy California summers :D I hear that.

Look man don't let it get to you just chill out, have a brew and re-wash it. It happens to everyone, It happens to me regularly depending on the time of year though, but I feel your pain. The worst is when it sprinkles for about two minutes and then its sunny the rest of the week and now the car looks like crap. But I stoped letting it bother me. Think of it this way, because of all the hard work you put into it, a simple wash and it will look as good as the day you detailed it. No sense in getting mad a mother nature, you won't win and it'll make you age faster.

ScottB
06-04-2007, 04:22 PM
all you need is a wash and a quick qd'er ... back to new !

sparkie
06-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I fill your pain, it's happen to me before.

Excessive Detail
06-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the comments, but I think I just got upset over nothing, it stopped raining not to long ago and the sun came out and dried all the water. Of course then I was like now i'm gonna have water marks, but to my ammazement not one single mark, it looked just like it did after I finished last night, big ups to DG 105 and Klasse, and Pinn Glaze. Still I qd it with some PB WW and Purple MF, and then took some pics, really, really bored at work. The pictures don't do it justice put I figured I'd show thwem anyway.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010007.jpghttp://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010006.jpghttp://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010005.jpg

klumzypinoy
06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
She's looking great!

Surfer
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
You know its only going to get worse as we get further into Hurricane season.
Black car + Hurricane season = Extreme Frustration. All I can do is stock up on Waterless Wash, AW, & Spray Souveran and hope for the best.Black Car + Hurricane Season + Water Restrictions = mucho funno

I'm glad its been raining, like a free car wash everyday, I missed seeing the beading lol.