PDA

View Full Version : I just dont know how to use Blackfire Total Polish Seal

jackychai
07-08-2013, 03:53 AM
last time I was detailing a silver G37s, thought of a 1 step polish and done in couple to 3 hours. however it took me almost double the time when comparing with other polish like 205 or similar.

tools:
Rotary at 1000rpm
LC CCS black pad

goals: restore just a little bit more reflection as I believe there is very little oxidation.

problems:
-the polish just cake up on the spots almost immediately (or right after 1st pass to be more accurate) and become super hard to be removed.

-the pads tends to heat up rather quickly.
I spent long time removing the residue (even immediately) and sometimes I would missed the spot because I thought I did removed it.

-to help removing it I have soaked the whole car with foam (honeydew), but it seems to have removed any protection. so I have to wax the whole car at the end.

I have used different lubricants: spray wax, optimum QD.

Can anyone please advice on the directions. your input is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Rsurfer
07-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Sounds like a case of sticky paint on an Infiniti. What year is that G?

inDetail
07-08-2013, 07:49 AM
If I'm not mistaken the BF is no buffing product. You just polish in passes until it disappears. On the G I would use a DA. The rotary might be running to hot heating up the product to quick not allowing it to work long enough. Infinity paint is soft so using a DA will keep the product cooler and give you a longer work time.

jackychai
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Its a 2009 i believe.

Then i must have mistaken then. Will try with a DA next time. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online

Dr_Pain
07-08-2013, 11:18 AM
2009 Infiniti, hmmmmm! Isn't it part of those "self healing" paint years? If so, only words I have is "pain in the butt"

glen e
07-08-2013, 11:27 AM
1. use less than you think - like a quarter for a 3 x 3 panel
2. always on a orbital with black or green pad
3. disappears on the 2nd pass for me...

4. wipe/buff off the minor haze with BF wet diamond spray...

apply 2 coats BF crystal seal 4 hours apart for perfect quick detail...

WRAPT C5Z06
07-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Most likely "self healing" paint. PITA to work with!

Look under the hood. Is there any sticker that tells what type of paint it is?

Mike Phillips
07-08-2013, 11:46 AM
tools:
Rotary at 1000rpm
LC CCS black pad

I think inDetail is correct on this one...

Trying to create a hologram-free finish using only a rotary buffer with a one-step cleaner/wax on a black car, potentially a car with a soft, self-healing paints system is going to be tough to do.

IF this car does in fact have the self-healing paint on it my guess is it will be hard to finish out haze free with a one-step cleaner/wax even using a DA polisher.

The only good luck I've heard of people having with these paints is when using really high quality polishes like Menzerna or Wolfgang Twins.

Click the link below and read through this thread...

Swirls on '08 Infiniti G37s - Self-Healing Paint ? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/26609-swirls-08-infiniti-g37s-self-healing-paint.html)

:)

jackychai
07-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the for info. I thought my memory was bad when i purchase this product. I thought i could use a rotary because of its very light polishing ability.

Will check the paint label next time when it comes back.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online