PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin AutoScrub Pad...How to clean while using it

jrjones60
07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Okay....I know how to clean the nanoskin pad if it's dropped and how to clean it when I'm done using it. I have 2 questions about cleaning it while I'm in the process of using it to decontaminate the car. Do I just spray it with the hose periodically....for example, after each section is finished? Suggestion please. Thanks in advance for your help.

ihaveacamaro
07-07-2013, 11:15 PM
spraying with a hose is probably your best bet every panel or so.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I just dip in a bucket of water after each panel. The larger panels get 2 dips. If your paint is soft, it'll marr the surface for sure, so be ready to polish.

jrjones60
07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah.....this is just the second step in a 6 step process. After using the nanoskin pad I plan to use either BlackFire SRC compound or finishing polish, whichever it takes to get rid of the swirls. Then I'll go with the BF Gloss Enhancing Polish followed with BF WDAFPP. The last step is BlackFire BlackIce. I feel like the steps with the nanoskin pad and then the swirl removal are the critical steps for me. That's why the questions about cleaning the pad.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Yeah.....this is just the second step in a 6 step process. After using the nanoskin pad I plan to use either BlackFire SRC compound or finishing polish, whichever it takes to get rid of the swirls. Then I'll go with the BF Gloss Enhancing Polish followed with BF WDAFPP. The last step is BlackFire BlackIce. I feel like the steps with the nanoskin pad and then the swirl removal are the critical steps for me. That's why the questions about cleaning the pad.
I agree and I think you have an EXCELLENT plan!! :dblthumb2: