PDA

View Full Version : Review: AG Deluxe Filter Kit (Hard water killa)

07SteedaQ335
06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
First time doing a review so bare with me :)

First initial impressions:
The units are well built; seals and directions were strait forward. Comes with everything for normal maintenance. Mounting brackets & screws. However I did not mount mine yet.

I plan on mounting these on something I can wheel in and out of the garage. However if you do plan on fixing them in a location on your home/fence or whatever I strongly suggest somewhere that gets absolute shade as I'm sure the sun down here in SoFlorida can do damage in one way or another.

Anyways on to the wash...

Connected everything up, I used a brand NEW hose as they recommend. Due to the old one could have water/mineral deposits built up in it so I wouldn't really see the true results. Initial run I saw the filters start to fill up; I had my hand in front of the hose the whole to see if I could "Feel" a difference. Sure could, the water went from like a "foul" blah smell to super slick and crystal clear in minutes also had a "super slick feel".

Hooked the hose up to the AG foam gun, was expecting a drop in the water pressure but to my surprise it was normal WOW! Started to foam up the stang as usual.

Did my two bucket wash (oh and filling both buckets with the soften water of course).

The end result the car actually dried 20x faster I went inside to grab my AG "Guzzler" to start drying, when I came back out the hood and front fenders, roof and tail were already starting to dry up. Absolutely ZERO water spots/residue etc...

This is definitely a winner in my book regardless if you have hard water or not. It's the whole principle that it filters out whatever is bad in the water that could harm the finish in time.

I feel it was worth the money 100%.

If you are looking to purchase the unit go here: http://store.yahoo.com/autogeek/deluxe-filter-system.html (http://store.yahoo.com/autogeek/deluxe-filter-system.html)

:awesome: :righton: :righton: :cheers:

jkornis1
06-04-2007, 09:53 AM
great write up. I have been wanting one of these for some time now.

trlblazer3
06-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Nice write-up, thanks for sharing. I just used my deluxe filter kit for the first time Saturday and am throughly impressed with the quality construction and results. The biggest thing that I noticed was the amount of foam from the foam gun that I got with the filter installed vs. uninstalled. The results were night and day! The drying process was much easier, the guzzler seemed to glide much easier over the surface. I would recommend that everyone pick this kit up, well worth it IMO.

Jimmie
06-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Nice review. Thank you for sharing with us.

07SteedaQ335
06-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Nice write-up, thanks for sharing. I just used my deluxe filter kit for the first time Saturday and am throughly impressed with the quality construction and results. The biggest thing that I noticed was the amount of foam from the foam gun that I got with the filter installed vs. uninstalled. The results were night and day! The drying process was much easier, the guzzler seemed to glide much easier over the surface. I would recommend that everyone pick this kit up, well worth it IMO.

Yeah forgot the amount of foam it did add, did you also notice between using whatever foam wash + the filter it created like a super lubricant combo.

D
06-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I love mine. I need to recharge my filter though. I just ordered a TDS meter, so Im going to test the water before and after the recharge.

supercharged
06-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I just ordered total filter kit 9as I want it to be mobile), and will be posting a review on it soon.:cheers:

Nica
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice review, I've been looking to a filter system as well but I haven't decided just yet. Thanks for sharing.

supercharged, I'll be waiting for your review buddy.

trlblazer3
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah forgot the amount of foam it did add, did you also notice between using whatever foam wash + the filter it created like a super lubricant combo.

Definitely. Overall lubricity was definitely increased with the filters connected. I'm going to try and design a rack-type system that I can put over the top handle of my hose reel. Then I can attach/remove when necessary, keeping it mobile but easily accessed. Still need to grab some quick connects also.

ScottB
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I am hoping to get one soon, we do sell it onsite so you can get forum members free shipping or discount as applicable.

Clear Inline Hose Filter Canister and Accessories (http://www.autogeek.net/clinhofianda.html)

trlblazer3
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
killr I know you've been pondering it for a while, its so worth the investment. I'm very happy with the results. Makes the whole wash much easier, and probably safer on the paint as well.

sparkie
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Dose anybody know the GPM of these units?
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1951_1099370

07SteedaQ335
06-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Definitely. Overall lubricity was definitely increased with the filters connected. I'm going to try and design a rack-type system that I can put over the top handle of my hose reel. Then I can attach/remove when necessary, keeping it mobile but easily accessed. Still need to grab some quick connects also.

Oh sweet!

trlblazer3
06-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Dose anybody know the GPM of these units?
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1951_1099370

sparkie that's the kit I just got. Don't know for sure the GPM with the units, but I did not lose any pressure at all or anything like that.

sparkie
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
sparkie that's the kit I just got. Don't know for sure the GPM with the units, but I did not lose any pressure at all or anything like that.
Thanks for your reply. No lost in pressure, that's what I'm looking for. My real job is working with water and I done an analysisfor Sevenrd, the thing works. Here the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/2710-sevenrd-your-water-analysis.html