PDA

View Full Version : Old School vs New School

omarsultan
07-07-2013, 09:09 PM
So, I have been a happy user of Griot's for a couple decades now. My normal protocol has been to use the Paint Sealant once a year and Best of Show Wax 2 to 3 times a year.

I have been happy with the results, but I am also curious about the new technologies out there, specifically Opti-Coat 2.0.

Perhaps this is wrong, but it seems to me the main benefit of Opti-Coat is that I am not going to have to mess with it again for at least a couple of years. In terms of protecting the paint, they (Opti-Coat and PS+BoS) seem about even and the PS+BoS combo might look better. The one downside I see with Opti-Coat is that it seems tougher to deal with chips in the paint.

I know there is probably not a "right" answer to this, but it would be great to hear thoughts from folks that are more current on the latest tech.

Thanks,

Omar

cleanmycorolla
07-07-2013, 09:20 PM
The look of opticoat, depends on how you polish your paint. So it's the prep work that makes opticoat great. Comparing opticoat to a sealant wax combo isn't fair as its a permanent paint coating, where as sealants waxes start dying the minute you put them on. If you opti coat your ride, you should in theory with good habits not have to worry much for years!

omarsultan
07-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks Chris. I would be putting this on a new car, so, in theory, the paint should be pretty good.

O

cleanmycorolla
07-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks Chris. I would be putting this on a new car, so, in theory, the paint should be pretty good.

O

One would think, but in most cases it's not just a heads up.