PDA

View Full Version : Quick IronX Question

Pages : [1] 2

jimbo585
07-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Is it necessary to rub in IronX or will it be okay to just spray on and let dwell for a couple minutes?

KillaCam
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM
I've let it dwell with good results

MarkD51
07-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Is it necessary to rub in IronX or will it be okay to just spray on and let dwell for a couple minutes?

I've tried both ways, and IMO, it is better to use some form of soft applicator to spread Iron-X over body panels. (With Rubber Gloves on of course)

One, I think you will find you will get better coverage over the panel by spreading after spritzing it upon the panel, and two, I feel that you will also use less product.

The first time I did it without spreading, I found I used an excessive amount, and was not able to complete my SUV with just one 1/2 litre. Thus I had to buy more to finish just one vehicle. The second time I spread it and used much less. And it did not seem to hinder the product's effectiveness since it was not diluted when spreading.

I believe the mention of spreading the product is stated on the directions of the bottle?

I simply used a soft sponge. Should've also had a clothespin for my nose! LOL
Mark

MarkD51
07-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, you must let the product dwell in order to reap the product's full effectiveness to act upon, and dissolve-dislodge Iron Particles.

I waited approx. 7-10 minutes, spread-agitated once again what was already applied, hosed off, and I applied in the shade on cool paint.

ski2
07-07-2013, 03:34 PM
If you're working in a garage can you spray/spread the entire car, then go back and agitate, then rinse the entire car? Or, do you need to do it by sections??

erichaley
07-07-2013, 07:33 PM

Spray it on, rub it in with a MF applicator pad, and let it sit. Much more effective than just spraying and sitting.

Becciasm
07-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Spray it on, rub it in with a MF applicator pad, and let it sit. Much more effective than just spraying and sitting.

This.

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

Inzane
07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Do it on your driveway, not in your garage, if you can. The stuff stinks to holy high heaven.

Jamieson22
07-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Sorry to jump in but figured my question fits in here:

How many full cars would you expect out of a 500ml bottle? I just did my Jeep Cherokee (regular not Grand) and used 1/2 bottle, maybe a tad more. Sound reasonable?

Also they should make an air freshener of the wonderful cherry scent it has. It is intoxicating!

Becciasm
07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
*what cherry scent*?

your use sounds reasonable. did you spray only, or spray then distribute w/ foam pad?

Jamieson22
07-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I sprayed entire car, let it sit for a few minutes, then basically wiped entire car with a wrung out, damp mf covered sponge, then rinsed very well.

erichaley
07-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I sprayed entire car, let it sit for a few minutes, then basically wiped entire car with a wrung out, damp mf covered sponge, then rinsed very well.

If you don't agitate it / rub it in, you're limiting its effectiveness. You could actually use less if you do.

Jamieson22
07-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I did agitate, that was the part with wiping entire car down with damp, mf covered sponge. It didn't wipe it off, simply agitated it.

erichaley
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
I did agitate, that was the part with wiping entire car down with damp, mf covered sponge. It didn't wipe it off, simply agitated it.

My bad, I misread your post.

mrgto
07-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Can it be diluted at all?