PDA

View Full Version : Best "tip" ever today...!

Pages : [1] 2

T3 AutoDetails
07-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Hello geeks.

Today was a great day. I have always received tips from every job I have ever done. Today was different... I have put in 2 13 hour days the last 2 days on a new client with a 04 Chrysler Sebring.

Client heard about me from an older lady I had done an interior job for about 3-4 weeks ago. He wanted the whole whammy. Interior , exterior , engine. I mean everything.

Vehicle was very neglected but he asked my honest opinion what the value was now and what it would be when I was finished. I told him if he didn't mind the price I could make it new again. And that's exactly what I did.

Half way through my steamer decided that the jet attachment that all the other attachments connect to would melt on me and break. It was hell without it and the steamer is 2 months old...didn't stop me one bit. Just time for other detailing supplies and a lot of elbow grease in places I normally would blast with steam.

Either way I went above and beyond to ensure my word of new vehicle condition at finish. Not only was this gentleman and his wife going out of their way too feed me great meals with as much Gatorade and water one could ever need. They asked why I didn't have a pressure washer and wouldn't it have made the job easier?

I told them about waterless washes and how I use Gary Dean's method on neglected exteriors. Well sure enough they gave me a pressure washer that they used once on the rear deck...

It is a Briggs&Stratton 1800 psi 1.6 GPM electric PW with a bunch of extras.
Anyone that follows me knew that I just purchased a van and a PW was in the list of things to buy. I'm so thankful and grateful people like this are still around. Makes you want to do everything possible to do the best possible at all times.

Sorry for such the long post but I just think that is awesome. I will post pics tomo of the PW and the vehicle. I ran out of light tonight to get any after shots. And to be honest I'm just whooped and should be sleeping already.

Thanks for reading. - Tory

BlackHawk
07-07-2013, 12:23 AM
wow thats an amazing story! Such nice people!

af90
07-07-2013, 12:29 AM
That's awesome. Definitely keep in contact with them as they sound like awesome people!

BradsDetailing
07-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Awesome! Love people who do things like this.

Can you tell us what kind of steamer you had?

Phathooddetail
07-07-2013, 02:28 AM
man with all the negativity in the world it's great to hear things like this. congrats man

Pureshine
07-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Great story :)

vet
07-07-2013, 06:25 AM
That's great! Congrats.

mwoolfso
07-07-2013, 06:38 AM
nice job all around!!

BillE
07-07-2013, 07:21 AM
man with all the negativity in the world it's great to hear things like this. congrats man

:iagree:

Man, ain't that the truth!

Bill

Marc08EX
07-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Wow! Indeed hard work does pay off. It's nice to know there are still good people around...

jamesalanb
07-07-2013, 08:54 AM
That's great man! good things happen to good people!

T3 AutoDetails
07-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Sorry for it being so late guys. I have been super busy. The photos are uploaded to my FB page for anyone interested. As for the PW I thought about something creative for pics tomo since I have to contact AGO about my steamer and will have the time.

Check back tomo for a cool little deal with pics around the PW.

For the person who asked about my steamer. Its a Mytee Firebird and I love it to death and have been using it everyday almost for 2 months. Just had a failed part is all and i'm sure Mytee or AGO will take care of it for me.

Gnite all.

AutowerxDetailing
07-08-2013, 02:57 AM
That's awesome man! Best tip I've got (other than cash) was a half rack of beer lol. You win!!! :dblthumb2:

hernandez.art13
07-08-2013, 08:17 AM
(Applause)

All customers should be like this

Flash Gordon
07-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Good for you! Looks like your hard work and dedication paid off!