PDA

View Full Version : Best car wash soap that you can buy locally?

Matt94GT
05-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I just placed a order a while back and dont want to place another for just some soap so im wondering what the best car wash is that I can get locally ie meguires, mothers etc. How is that meguires NXT? I have had very bad luck getting soap that likes to stay foamy and when I use my meguires chenlle mitt it when I go over my car I rarely see any suds on the surface of my paint.

Neothin
05-29-2006, 10:54 PM
well, if you dont want to place an order just for soap, just get more than soap ;)

but to get to your question, Meguiar's Gold Class, hands down.

Matt94GT
05-29-2006, 11:59 PM
well id love to order more but want to wash my car NOW haha. thanks ill giver a shot!

supercharged
05-30-2006, 02:35 AM
If possible get Meguiar's #00 high tech wash or #62 shampoo and conditioner. It will give you much better results then NXT or Gold Class. Nice foam and higher lubricity - less washing swirls. And that's very important:righton: !

ScottB
05-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Matt, where do you live ?? In South Florida we have a chain called Drivers Seat. It is stocked in part by AG, and as such we can usually pickup alot of favorites locally when we need them post haste. You might wanna see if you have something similar in your area. Nothing beats some Pinnacle, Poorboys, and many others we offer.

JeffW
05-30-2006, 10:20 AM
well, if you dont want to place an order just for soap, just get more than soap ;)

but to get to your question, Meguiar's Gold Class, hands down.

OTC Megs Gold Class is a very good value. Being the id10t that I am, I forgot to order some WG Autobathe last week with my other stuff, so I cracked out the Gold Class and was very impressed (my pref is still WG and Pinn Shampoo).

sooper
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Megs Gold Class gets my vote. Tried a lot of other products, but Megs is definitely my go to product. The "other" brands are used on wheel wells, etc.

wytstang
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Matt I've treid the NXT and was very happy with it, sudds like cary and has great lubracationizm lol.

wytstang
05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Is this Matt from stangnet???

FloridaNative
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I second Killrwheels remark, if you're in South Fla you can go to the Driver's Seat. The Boynton Beach store carries Poorboys and all of them carry pinnacle, Wolfgang and DP. If you are going to like a Pepboys or something I would get the NXT or the gold class. :)

SVTContour
05-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm still waiting to try the Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds that I bought a while ago. But for OTC I like just about everything that Mothers sells, including their car wash. I have some NXT too, I find it has awesome cleaning power but I'm worried that it is a tad bit too harsh, so I only use it if I am going to do a full detail on someone's car.

Matt94GT
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Is this Matt from stangnet???
Sure is. Thanks guys. Ill try the Meguires Gold Class I guess...im In Canada not much out here but the run of the mill brands. I just want somthing that foams up well and STAYS foamy.

Reddwarf
05-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I have both Meguiar soaps. The NXT is okay, but I prefer the Classic Gold.