PDA

View Full Version : One step paint correction ?

Pages : [1] 2

jgibson2980
07-06-2013, 12:05 PM
When you use just a polish like 205 to correct paint . Do you have to follow up with a finishing polish or 205 on a finshing pad ? Or can you just go straight to wax or sealant after polishing?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

bootstrap
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
You can go to waxing if you're satisfied with the results!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

ihaveacamaro
07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
You can go to waxing if you're satisfied with the results!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

:iagree:

Do an IPA wipe to remove oils and fillers though before waxing!

hernandez.art13
07-06-2013, 12:49 PM
:iagree:

Do an IPA wipe to remove oils and fillers though before waxing!

What happens if you don't?

David@DCSPrecision
07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
What happens if you don't?
The world will end...just kidding, the oils from the polish can hide defects that you thought you removed , and you just want the paint to be clean before you apply anything. For sealants, it can create a bonding problem as they are meant to be applied to bare paint.

hernandez.art13
07-06-2013, 02:09 PM
The world will end...just kidding, the oils from the polish can hide defects that you thought you removed , and you just want the paint to be clean before you apply anything. For sealants, it can create a bonding problem as they are meant to be applied to bare paint.

Good lol, the world would have ended for you guys before I found AGO lol

jgibson2980
07-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Ok so if I am satisfied with the results then no need to finish polish. What are the benefits in the finshing polish step. Ive did a one step polish and I finshed polished it also on my personal vehicle. Just when do I customer s car I was wondering .

Becciasm
07-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Ok so if I am satisfied with the results then no need to finish polish. What are the benefits in the finshing polish step. Ive did a one step polish and I finshed polished it also on my personal vehicle. Just when do I customer s car I was wondering .

The purpose of the second (or more) polishing step is to further enhance the finish. The finer polishes will refine the crispness of the paint reflection by reducing any micro marring induced by the previous step.

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

hernandez.art13
07-06-2013, 03:58 PM
You have to imagine correcting paint down to the microscopic level.

You might not see them with the naked eye. However they are there... Like Jeweling

slimnib
07-06-2013, 04:06 PM
When you use just a polish like 205 to correct paint . Do you have to follow up with a finishing polish or 205 on a finshing pad ? Or can you just go straight to wax or sealant after polishing?

Just keep in mind. the more you compound and polish, the less clear coat you have.
I would not over do it.

hernandez.art13
07-06-2013, 04:19 PM
I always read that you only should correct the paint once and then with proper care and maintenance. You won't have to do a full correction again.

Makes a lot of sense...

I always use this when showing my customers what compound,polishing does and how clay works.

Especially when they have CC failure and they tell me "Can't you just buff it out?"

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/ScreamKingArt/77988360-4FF1-4E16-9BAF-0E4BAA54536C-622-000000995CAC31D4_zps5e8d17a8.jpg

^ Then I explain what happened to their car with this design. (Not sure wear I found it, but thanks for whoever made it)

FUNX650
07-06-2013, 04:53 PM
When you use just a polish like 205 to correct paint . Do you have to follow up with a finishing polish or 205 on a finshing pad ?
Or can you just go straight to wax or sealant after polishing?

Ok so if I am satisfied with the results then no need to finish polish. What are the benefits in the finshing polish step.
Ive did a one step polish and I finshed polished it also on my personal vehicle. Just when do I customer s car I was wondering .

IMHO...
If you use more than one "polishing-step", it's no longer a one-step paint correction.
Wouldn't you agree?

Staying within the Meguiar's family...Here's a few of their 'one-step products':
-A12 Cleaner Wax (Maroon Bottle)
-M06 Cleaner Wax
-M66 Quick Detailer
-D151 Paint reconditioning Cream
-G61 White Wax
-G62 Black Wax
-M50 Marine/RV Cleaner Wax
-M61 Flagship Premium Cleaner/ Wax

Since Meguiar's products are formulated to be synergistic...
I wouldn't worry too much about any "IPA-type-of-wipe-down" before applying a Meguiar's LSP.
Unless it's M188, that is.

:)

Bob

jgibson2980
07-06-2013, 06:10 PM
But if it is a one step . It still has to be followed up with a wax or sealant correct . Cause if not then there in no protection . Correct ?

hernandez.art13
07-06-2013, 06:34 PM
But if it is a one step . It still has to be followed up with a wax or sealant correct . Cause if not then there in no protection . Correct ?

From my understanding yes.

Don't quote me and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Art

hernandez.art13
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm a topping fan.

Sealant, Wax, spray wax etc...

My brother in law said he saw me coming a mile away because my car was so shiny. He said "it hurt my eyes and went blind for a second" lol

(I knew he was kidding but it was his way of complimenting my work)