PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Spray wax find

Pages : [1] 2

Smokey
07-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Up in northern michigan for the holiday and stopped in a random NAPA store and found last bottles of Meguiars NXT Spray wax and wow what a deep wet gloss it leaves. I don't think they make it anymore so I will use sparingly.

FUNX650
07-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Up in northern michigan for the holiday and stopped in a random NAPA store and found last bottles of Meguiars NXT Spray wax and wow what a deep wet gloss it leaves. I don't think they make it anymore so I will use sparingly.
If this is it:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2270_121320275

It's still available here:

Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax is a synthetic polymer spray wax/paint sealant used to refresh existing car wax or sealant. (http://www.autogeek.net/mg12824.html)

Bob

Smokey
07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
That's the one. Thanks for the tip

Marc08EX
07-06-2013, 08:33 AM

Was it discounted?

This stuff is old..

Setec Astronomy
07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
I hope you got it for next to nothing...

Evan.J
07-06-2013, 10:09 AM
That stuff was very finicky to use I know that. Mike did a write up on how to use it properly over on MOL.

It did give a nice shine though.

Setec Astronomy
07-06-2013, 11:00 AM
That stuff was very finicky to use I know that. Mike did a write up on how to use it properly over on MOL.

It did give a nice shine though.

There are so many better spray waxes/sealants.

Evan.J
07-06-2013, 11:08 AM
There are so many better spray waxes/sealants.

Much agreed!

HateSwirls
07-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I just orderd GG Speed Shine, hoping it works as the reviews I've read.
You get a waterless wash spray and some wax all in one.
I'll let you guys know what I think of it once I get it.
I plan on wiping my car down daily with it to maintain a clean finish.

Becciasm
07-06-2013, 11:45 AM
From what I've been told (thanks Setec), nxt is the worst of the regular consumer spray waxes- if you can pick up gold class or ultimate spray wax they'll give you a better bang for your buck without specific mike phillips tutorial videos required. :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

01GreyStangGT
07-06-2013, 12:30 PM
That was one of the few Meguiars products I didn't care for.

Smokey
07-06-2013, 09:03 PM
It was strange to apply compared to some of the other mequiars products but the shine was unbelievable. I think it's gets a bad rap from the weird product consistency

yakky
07-06-2013, 09:30 PM
From what I've been told (thanks Setec), nxt is the worst of the regular consumer spray waxes- if you can pick up gold class or ultimate spray wax they'll give you a better bang for your buck without specific mike phillips tutorial videos required.

Worst at what? Until UW came out, NXT was Meguiars best protecting LSP. NXT has unique looks that neither Gold Class or UW can match on lighter colors.

OP, IMO this was great stuff for the time but it has been overtaken by spray waxes that don't need the hazing step. It would be awesome if Megs updated it to work as a WOWO wax and retained the good looks, otherwise, why not just wax with regular NXT and get better durability?

Becciasm
07-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Worst at what? Until UW came out, NXT was Meguiars best protecting LSP. NXT has unique looks that neither Gold Class or UW can match on lighter colors.

OP, IMO this was great stuff for the time but it has been overtaken by spray waxes that don't need the hazing step. It would be awesome if Megs updated it to work as a WOWO wax and retained the good looks, otherwise, why not just wax with regular NXT and get better durability?

I think as a 'spray wax' in the wowo mentality is where it suffered. After reading up a bit more on the product, it seems that the issue was that extra hazing step that folks didn't know about, pay attention to, or care to follow.

I've got nxt liquid, but was steered away from the spray. *shrug* it probably won't ever be in my garage but if you use it and like it then go for it.

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

dlc95
07-06-2013, 10:19 PM
I found some at Pep Boys in Sterling Hts Mi a few years ago. I bought it for $5.00 to use on my cymbals. I still have yet to try it out.

It's stocked at Glendale, in the metro Detroit area.