PDA

View Full Version : In need for some help/support.

Xzavier247
07-06-2013, 01:30 AM
My name is Xzavier and I am an entrepreneur. I moved from El Paso TX- Fort Bliss back to my hometown Sacramento, CA. I moved so I can start my own business here. I have been detailing for years and its my passion to work on vehicles. I've been lurking around on this forum and now I am going to sart being more active.
I have written my business plan and getting everything up to par in the legal category. Now I am on to the marketing category, I am starting the marketing phase of my business, and I would like for people to see that I have likes and that I am known. So when I go to Meets, and clubs and I refer them to the site,they can feel comfortable. It would be helpful if you can support while I still build the page and the official domain. Thanks a lot! :dblthumb2:
Xzavier247
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Refined-Auto-Detailing/204833956333435?fref=ts
p.s I just created this logo/cover In need for some opinions Feed back please
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee411/xzavier365/NewCover_zps953f863d.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/xzavier365/media/NewCover_zps953f863d.jpg.html)

mwoolfso
07-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Great start! Nice name! Now just be sure you have a fair amount of perseverance and you will do just fine.

The only suggestion I have is to not talk about things in the negative "their products are terrible". Rather than putting down other products in a public forum, or elsewhere for that matter, use your message as an opportunity to explain why your product choices and services are better than the competition.

sproketser
07-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Great start mate . Good luck with your new venture .

queens guy
07-06-2013, 07:16 AM
get a portfolio going on your past work. People get inspired by looking at before and after pics. Or at least I do. Stay competitive with your prices. Sometimes its best to charge a little less while starting to build your clientele. Good luck budy

vet
07-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Good luck on your venture.

I agree with mwoolfso, don't knock the other products, state what you use and why you think it's better. (more shine, longer lasting, etc.). This shows that you're confident in the results, and the customer can relate to the value of using your preferred product. After all, the customer may have been using TW and AA for a while, and is pleased with the results.

If you knock it, the customer will be more critical of your results in comparison. "He said this stuff is better than TW, but I don't see any difference". Instead, show your customer good results and let him or her decide that what you use is better. Doesn't "Man it hasn't looked that good since it was new!" sound like a better reaction?

DogRescuer
07-06-2013, 07:24 AM
get a portfolio going on your past work. People get inspired by looking at before and after pics. Or at least I do. Stay competitive with your prices. Sometimes its best to charge a little less while starting to build your clientele. Good luck budy
Great tip, the problem I run into is that the "untrained" eye can not see a big change from beginning photos to after.

kimtyson
07-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forum. Seems you have some talent in design and other things beside detailing. Nice job. I like your logo and the Facebook page is a great start. Try not to spend too much time marketing and work on getting jobs because word of mouth is your best marketing tool. Good luck!

TCFatboy
07-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Just like the rest here, All the luck!!

If you really like & enjoy this type of work, then you are starting more than right, rather than starting as I will see how it goes!!

here you will learn a lot, mike has all the tools need it, to prepare a beginner, and give more skill´s to the one´s already in Medium & Pro line!!!

I work solo / my tool of choice for Interior next to the Portable Extractor is for sure, the Portable Steam machine. get to know your chemical´s, always work organized,clean shop or garage,do Test on mat floors,hoods,old headlights,so you can try different techniques and see wich one works best for you.

Good luck man!!!

VP Mark
07-06-2013, 12:38 PM
On the business side my biggest advice would to either create or pay for a KNOCKOUT website. Do not go cheap. Especially if you are a mobile detailer, your website is the face of your business. It will give you instant legitimacy and is essential to show yourself as a true professional.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Xzavier247
07-06-2013, 02:12 PM
On the business side my biggest advice would to either create or pay for a KNOCKOUT website. Do not go cheap. Especially if you are a mobile detailer, your website is the face of your business. It will give you instant legitimacy and is essential to show yourself as a true professional.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
My actually domain is still being edited. I won't launch it until a little bit later.

Great start! Nice name! Now just be sure you have a fair amount of perseverance and you will do just fine.

The only suggestion I have is to not talk about things in the negative "their products are terrible". Rather than putting down other products in a public forum, or elsewhere for that matter, use your message as an opportunity to explain why your product choices and services are better than the competition.
Thanks for the great tip!:xyxthumbs: Also thanks to all for the input!