PDA

View Full Version : UWW+ question

Pages : [1] 2

Ace22
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I did search of course, but just placed an order for UWW+. Was wondering if the 16 oz is a good start. I want to try it as a waterless wash and qd between waxes. I couldn't find dilution info for these...how long will this last and are people still using this instead is a qd? Can it be used over Aquawax or Optimum without stripping/interference? Thanks!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
The 16oz is a great starting point to get a feel for this product. I use this quite often as a waterless wash.

When I make my mixture I use a gallon of distilled water. From there dump out 3oz water from the jug and then add in 3oz UWW+ and mix well. Now you have a full gallon of waterless wash for use and you can distribute this mix to a spray bottle for use.

There should not be any stripping/interference with any product already on the surface. UWW+ will add to the longevity of the product on the surface.

Old Tiger
07-05-2013, 09:15 PM
The 16oz is a great starting point to get a feel for this product. I use this quite often as a waterless wash.

When I make my mixture I use a gallon of distilled water. From there dump out 3oz water from the jug and then add in 3oz UWW+ and mix well. Now you have a full gallon of waterless wash for use and you can distribute this mix to a spray bottle for use.

There should not be any stripping/interference with any product already on the surface. UWW+ will add to the longevity of the product on the surface.

Very sound advice! BTW 16 Oz yields 5.5 gallons! There is no better value in detailing products. 1 Oz makes 3 gallons of rinse less as well!

Wheelzntoys
07-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I started with 16oz, now buy it by the gallons

Dogfather
07-05-2013, 11:41 PM
There is no better value in detailing products.
Is 8oz. of ONR per gal. of water a cheaper QD?
I use UWW+ as a presoak for my .5 oz. per gal. mix of ONR.
Would it be more economical to mix up a gal. of QD strength ONR and use that as a presoak instead?

Dogfather
07-05-2013, 11:44 PM
I started with 16oz, now buy it by the gallons

Gallons?
Do you mean RTU?

Marc08EX
07-06-2013, 12:09 AM
RTU = ready to use. It's when you mix 0.5oz of concentrate with 22oz of water.

Dogfather
07-06-2013, 12:23 AM
RTU = ready to use. It's when you mix 0.5oz of concentrate with 22oz of water.

I know. That's why I didn't understand Wheelzntoys post.
I thought the OP was talking about concentrate.

ihaveacamaro
07-06-2013, 12:31 AM
I know. That's why I didn't understand Wheelzntoys post.
I thought the OP was talking about concentrate.

wheelzntoys buys the gallon concentrate is what he is saying :props:

ihaveacamaro
07-06-2013, 12:32 AM

I subscribe to this method as well :)

Dogfather
07-06-2013, 12:36 AM
wheelzntoys buys the gallon concentrate is what he is saying :props:

Thanks Roshan. I was unaware the concentrate was sold by the gallon.

BTW could you answer my previous post?
That New Math makes my head spin.

ihaveacamaro
07-06-2013, 12:41 AM

BTW could you answer my previous post?
That New Math makes my head spin.

I wouldn't think of ONR and UWW+ as similar levels of quality so regardless if one is cheaper or not, I will use UWW+.

When it comes to waterless wash, QD, and clay lube, UWW+ is more lubricated and very easy for me to say a better product than ONR is at those jobs.

If you were to do the math, I think ONR makes a cheaper clay lube and UWW+ makes a cheaper waterless wash... however, once again, UWW+ is better in both regards so I don't personally care.

Bottom line: UWW+ is cheap enough to be used (and should be used) as your QD, WW, and Clay Lube.

I really need to compare UWW+ and ONR as rinseless, but so far I have found ONR to be great.

I hear UWW+ is even better than ONR as rinseless, but I haven't done any testing personally.

ihaveacamaro
07-06-2013, 12:42 AM

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-gallon.html)

:props:

Dogfather
07-06-2013, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't think of ONR and UWW+ as similar levels of quality so regardless if one is cheaper or not, I will use UWW+.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was specifically wondering about the application as a presoak for rinseless.
I go through a lot of UWW+ that way and thought maybe the QD strength ONR would be okay for that purpose.
I would still use my UWW+ for normal QD stuff (I don't do waterless).
Thanks.

ihaveacamaro
07-06-2013, 01:33 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I was specifically wondering about the application as a presoak for rinseless.
I go through a lot of UWW+ that way and thought maybe the QD strength ONR would be okay for that purpose.
I would still use my UWW+ for normal QD stuff (I don't do waterless).
Thanks.

From my experience UWW+ works better and is cheaper as well as an added bonus :)

UWW+ = Slightly less than $4 a gallon of QD when buying 16 oz concentrate

ONR = $4 a gallon of QD at 8 oz per gallon of RTU.

Given that UWW+ is cheaper and works better, why use ONR?