PDA

View Full Version : Power washers

Calendyr
07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey guys,

I had no intention of getting a power washer but while I was at Wal-Mart today I noticed that electric power washer on sale for 50$ so I could not resist buying it LOL

Just a few questions.

1. Are accessories for power washers standard? For exemple, can I buy a hose from any brand and use it with mine or do you need to buy accessories specifically for your model (like vacuum cleaners).

2. What foam shampoo works best with power washers? I ordered Mr Pink after seeing a video about it from Chemical Guys but everyone on the forums seems to hate it. So what would be a good product, I am looking for something with low-cost per use.

3. How do you use shampoo solution in the foam bottle? That thing is huge so I am guessing you dilute the product, the question is by how much?

oldmodman
07-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Some washers use standard screw thread hoses and attachments. Others use bayonet type specific to that brand. Some are even a combination.

I spent a lot of time modifying all my hoses and attachment to quick release fitting so I can use anything on anything.

My preference so far is Honeydew soap. And I generally use three ounces of soap to 16 ounces of water. You may need to use more or less to get the amount of foam that satisfies you. The lower the PSI of the pressure washer, generally the more concentrated the amount of soap required.

poweraid
07-04-2013, 09:48 PM
which pw did u get exactly ? hoses - not sure what u talking about .
soaps- I'm thinking u be using the on board soap solution container ? or u have a foam cannon ?

rmagnus
07-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Generally no, accessories are not standard. I too like CG honeydew and use 1.5 ounces poured in after I fill the bottle with water. My pressure washer is 1800 psi I think. This mixture allows me to do 2 cars.

Calendyr
07-04-2013, 11:02 PM
The powerwasher is Wal-Mart's brand: Tune it!

It's 1600 PSI and uses 1.35 gallon/minute

The hose is a bit short to my taste. The hose a bit short to my taste, about 10-foot long. I am used to a 20-foot long one at work. With this hose I will have to carry the powerwasher with me around the car, kinda annoying ;)

It uses some kind of quick connect system, I will have to look into it for accessories.

poweraid
07-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna say if u can detach the hose from the wand u should be able to find an extension hose for it . I did this with my greenworks from lowes .