PDA

View Full Version : Prepping pads?

Matt94GT
05-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I've been using cleakote products and I love them im new to the detailing game. I want to know if you guys prep your pads some how because im finding my self using wayyy to much product like 1/3 of a bottle for one car. Should I spray some quik detailer on the pad first? or soak it in water then squeeze it out?

thanks

ScottB
05-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Spritz with Quikshine to moisten the pad. On average you should use 3 stripes running across the pad per panel.

Neothin
05-29-2006, 10:57 PM
holy jebus, a third of a bottle for a car?!

When you use the pad for the first time on the car, all you need is a ring or two of product. don't try to be all perfect and make perfect circles, just slap some on the pad. After this first time, all your going to need is 4-6 drops of product for each subsequent area (less if the pad is getting overly moistened w/ product).
when you first start off, you could spritz the pad wtih the new XMT pad conditioner to help soften up the pad to help prevent dry polishing, but this won't help you use less rpoduct.

Matt94GT
05-29-2006, 11:59 PM
thanks guys

blkyukon
06-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I've been using cleakote products and I love them im new to the detailing game. I want to know if you guys prep your pads some how because im finding my self using wayyy to much product like 1/3 of a bottle for one car. Should I spray some quik detailer on the pad first? or soak it in water then squeeze it out?

thanks

Which CK products are you using?

The only one that I mist my pads with Quikshine is CMW it helps thin it a bit and spreads around more evenly and easier. I can wax my Yukon with about 1 - 2 oz of CMW.

VM, RMG are thin and they don't need any QD on the pad, also a little goes a long way.