PDA

View Full Version : Thank you AutoGeek for recommending Collinite 845!

denny33142
07-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I purchased my very first car about 6 months ago and for the first 3 months was looking at a good waxing product without success, I tried Turtle Wax, Mothers and Eagle One, The waxing surface was only smooth for about 2-3 days and with all of the rain here in South Florida all 3 waxing products stopped beading within 1-2 weeks, Some of them also left a white residue on the trim which was very hard to remove.

Finally after several recommendation's on AutoGeek i purchased a bottle of Collinite 845, I was a little on edge because i had never heard about the brand and it was also more expensive.

I started applying it on my car and immediately noticed that it was much easier to apply than the other waxes, Also a little drop seems to last for ever, i probably used about 6 small drops for the entire car! at this rate the bottle is going to last more than the car itself.

What a difference! The paint was shinier than when i first got the car and the surface was smooth for several weeks after applying it and even with all of the rain that has been falling lately water is still beading after 3 months!

Here is a pic: http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/Denny33142/IMAG0214_zps3b60bbf7.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/Denny33142/IMAG0215_zps60b2b098.jpg

So just want to thank this community for all of the help i have received, If it wasn't for AutoGeek i might have given up trying to find a good waxing product (i wasn't going to wax every 2 weeks).

Oh one more thing, There seems to be these small little flies that are at the surface of the car at any given time, they seem to be particularly attracted to my car because i never see them on my father or my sister's car, don't know if its the white color that attracts them, just want to know if anyone has run into this problem before and weather they may be harmful to the paint.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/Denny33142/IMAG0218_zps4a1724e5.jpg

tnxm42
07-03-2013, 05:29 PM
845 is a fantastic product that flys mostly under the radar except here on the geek. I sell a ton of the stuff, lots of happy customers.

kimtyson
07-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Hyundai. I have a Veloster and love it. My car is white, too. I use Duragloss products and love how easy they are to work with. They last a long time and are very reasonably priced. I tried 845 last summer on a few vehicles but so far haven't put it on my V. Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks for posting.

cleanmycorolla
07-06-2013, 11:56 AM
IMO 845 gets way too much love, yeah it's good but not the end all be all. For me it attracts more dust than anything ever ever ever ever

MarkD51
07-06-2013, 12:06 PM

19550Only up until recently, to try, and use the newest, and latest Sealant products showcased here on AG (Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and Menzerna Powerlock), my 15+ year old white 1997 Tahoe has only ever seen 4 products used on it prior in its 15+ year life.

Those products were Meguiars #20 Professional Polymer Sealant, Zaino Z-2 Sealant, and two from Collinite, #476 Super Doublecoat Paste Wax, and #845 Insulator Wax.

All above are I feel outstanding products, and I believe some of the main, and most important reasons my paint finish has held up so well after all these years.

Collinite products, regardless of what they may have cost are truly high quality no nonsense protective products which seem to stand apart from most others on the market, regardless of cost.

The added bonus is their relative low price. Such Waxes as #476, you can virtually be assured they will last longer, and offer better protection than many boutique pastes at ten times the price.

Here's 2 pics of an example of what 15+ year old paint can look like with the right care, and good protective products
Mark

KillaCam
07-06-2013, 12:18 PM
It's a very good wax that beads awesome and is very durable. Between collinite and duragloss, I'll never need anything else to protect my paint and won't break the bank either.

WAXOFF
07-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm putting 845 on my Jeep as I read this post. I've been using Collinite products for over 30 years.

jjj
07-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I have to say 845 is awesome. I have had success with all coly products. I like 845 for a multitude of applications, wheels, lights, windows etc. he'll my windows coated in October, still roll water off. That was going through a tough winter and numerous long road trips.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Luckily there is a local boating store (West Marine), they carry almost all of Collinite's line. From metal wax to #845 and there prices are good.

MarkD51
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
IMO 845 gets way too much love, yeah it's good but not the end all be all. For me it attracts more dust than anything ever ever ever ever

Yep, that can be true with many products, and carnaubas seem commonly prone IMO.

Can usually be simply dealt with though, another quick wipe down with many a number of good detailing sprays.

Two great ones that quickly come to mind, are Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray, and Duragloss Aquawax

AntC
07-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Try topping it with a paste wax