PDA

View Full Version : Aquawax surprise

lineman
07-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Just a quick comment about Aquawax. I detailed my car three weeks ago and it has been polished, two coats of sealer and two coats of Souveran spray wax. Due to the weather I finally got around to washing it for the first time since the detail job. After the bath I applied another coat of Souveran and on one panel a coat of Blackfire polymer spray just to compare. Later the wife asked if I could clean the door jams. I just grabbed some Aquawax didn't wash anything and wiped everything down...no buffing. The next day I felt the door jam surfaces and they were just as slick as the parts that had been detailed. Don't know how durable the stuff is but I was impressed. :wow:

silverfox
07-03-2013, 04:55 AM
AW and many other Duragloss products get my "best bang for your detailing buck" award year after year.

Ace22
07-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Just a quick comment about Aquawax. I detailed my car three weeks ago and it has been polished, two coats of sealer and two coats of Souveran spray wax. Due to the weather I finally got around to washing it for the first time since the detail job. After the bath I applied another coat of Souveran and on one panel a coat of Blackfire polymer spray just to compare. Later the wife asked if I could clean the door jams. I just grabbed some Aquawax didn't wash anything and wiped everything down...no buffing. The next day I felt the door jam surfaces and they were just as slick as the parts that had been detailed. Don't know how durable the stuff is but I was impressed. :wow:

I too have rediscovered AW. I had an old bottle laying around and after it rained the other day, just sprayed on while car was still wet and I was pretty amazed and the results. It very well may be my maintenance throughout the summer months as easy as it was to use!

kimtyson
07-06-2013, 11:55 AM
+1 for Aquawax, and Duragloss in general. Love their product line.

KillaCam
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Aquawax is all I use on door jambs. Great stuff, as well as the entire DG lineup.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
07-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Duragloss has the most underated detailing product's, they should get more praise. I use many Duragloss products and they have never let me down.

master detailer
07-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Aquawax I use lots of this. I get 4 gl for 110.00 and use it on all cars boats rvs.for topper only never a stand a lone.best part is how hard it gets.

RMM
07-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Duragloss has the most underated detailing product's, they should get more praise. ...

At least at AGO, this is not true: DG is always being praised...and might I add: for good reasons! :dblthumb2:

KillaCam
07-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm surprised duragloss hasn't ever made it to the shelves of major retailers other than napa and carquest.

cjsls
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Love aquawax. I recently started adding some of it to my bottle of onr quick detailer and boy does it save me alot of time and looks great.

Shortspark
07-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I use to apply AW to a freshly washed and dried car and it worked very well as a "topper". Lately I have been using it as a drying aid after a wash and "dry" with a blower and it seems to work even better. The car is not totally dry after using my leaf blower and there is enough water left over to mix with the AW. The result is a great drying aid that eliminates any water spots, streaking or hazing and puts down an enhanced shine and gloss at the same time. Basically, you are killing two birds with one stone by drying and boosting shine at the same time. Plus, you are adding a few weeks of extra protection as well. Now I know why they use the term "Aqua" in the name of this product. It really does work well with a little water.

Here is another mix I read about somewhere a long time ago that I would like to try - Fast Clean and Shine and AquaWax. Both are Duragloss products with FCS being their QD and AW being their spray "wax". What I read was that an even better mix than water for AW is to spray lightly with FCS and then apply AW over it and buff both onto the car at the same time. I guess what you are suppose to accomplish by doing this is tap the cleaning power of FCS combined with the AW, thereby creating a super QD - a QD on steroids! I don't know how this will work but now that I remembered reading about it I think I'll give it a try.

530inv
07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I am a huge fan of AW951 as well. I have been using dg111 topped with AW951 and I have been very impressed with the results.