PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used zaino?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ncs0816
07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I just tried the polish number 2 and 5. Looks pretty sweet. 19457

Ncs0816
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Side shot19458

It's raining so I ha to set up the tarp.

k12354
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I haven't used Zaino since the early 2000s, but I remember liking it. The products I tried (don't remember which ones, but I had several) worked well. I have since found less expensive and (IMO) equal or better performers.

Are you filling old bottles of M205 with Zaino products?

SonOfOC
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum - Search Results (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=4131984)

BlueApolloIV
07-01-2013, 01:02 PM
I tried zaino a few separate times in the past and honestly, I just never cared for it. I eventually just threw it all away. I didn't like the plastic wrap look that the wax seemed to leave. But I know there are people that are out there that swear by it...much like the crowd that loves liquid glass. I did like Zaino's quick detailer however.

Setec Astronomy
07-01-2013, 01:07 PM
I did like Zaino's quick detailer however.

Then you'd like Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine even better, since it's much cheaper.

95oRANGEcRUSH
07-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Why, yes, I do like Duragloss products!

Dr_Pain
07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I've used the whole product line and the Z2 and Z5 combo does bead like crazy, but for the best result you have to use the ZFX which is a pain (if you are like me and hate wasting product). I did like their detailing spray , leather stuff and their clay, but there's a few products I could not care to try again..... but I am an AG convert and like to try a variety of different stuff.

KillaCam
07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
I haven't used zaino, but I have used Duragloss which is way cheaper and from my understanding they have a lot of products that are nearly identical.

Btw duragloss rocks.

FUNX650
07-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum - Search Results (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=4131984)

^^^... :goodpost:...^^^

Bob

slimnib
07-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I used some of its products. Durability is hard to beat. I have never used the impossibly price coating so I cannot compare Zaino's to that stuff, but in terms of most sealants and waxes Zaino's is the longest lasting.

It has a great gloss, some people call a Plastic look. If that troubles one top it with a wax for a warmer look.

Pricing is about the same as the stuff that AG sells.

Sal Zanio is a very nice guy. He will answer all your questions.

Dewy
07-02-2013, 05:04 AM
I used zaino for many years and was really pleased. Long lasting and I liked the looks. Sal was a big help on the phone. I bought a new black truck last year and in spite of several attempts with z, I could not get good results. The sealant would not buff clear. Upon discovering AG, went with wolfgang and problem solved.

yakky
07-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Duragloss is a great replacement for Zaino. The LSPs aren't identical but DG105 looks very similar to Z2. DG111 looks identical to the OLD Z2, pre PRO version. 101 and ZAIO are nearly identical.

TimmyG
07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Doesn't Zaino contain fillers in their "polishes" ? I could never quite grip Sam's terminology of his products.

IIRC, they really don't have any products that actually perform paint correction. Am I mistaken?

FUNX650
07-02-2013, 01:24 PM
I've mentioned before that:
-I've used a few Zaino products (that were purchased by some of the Club's members).

-Probably the best compliment, that I've personally have heard that was given to the "Z"...
was by one of the Club member's wife when she said:
"My favorite color, from now on, will be": "Shiny"

I've discovered that some of the other "acrylic sealants" are a joy to work with...
(with my visually-noticed: sheen, shine, shone...'gloss-attributes'.)

-Dura Gloss #105 (crystal-clear bright shine..."Zaino-ish")
-Klasse (more of a crystal-clear "glow/sheen")
-Jeff Werkstatt (same as Klasse)
-Sonus Acrylic Glanz (just for the name)
-1Z Einszett Glanz Wax (not a sealant...again: just for the name)
-Glanz Catsuits: (Just for a couple of the definitions for Glanz):

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/GlanzCatsuits.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/61001)

:D
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

IIRC, they really don't have any products that actually perform paint correction. Am I mistaken?
There's:
Z-AIO All In One
Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

:)

Bob