PDA

View Full Version : New White Vinegar for rinsing MF's/Cleaning

MyFirstES300
06-30-2013, 11:51 AM
So, everyone has been talking about using white vinegar in the rinse load for your MF's. I came across this today at Walmart and decided to bite. This formula is 6% acidic vs. the standard white vinegar which is cut at 5%. Wonder if it will make a difference in cleaning/effectiveness.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/uploads/20250/2013-06-30_12-38-41_982.jpg

57BORNTORUN
06-30-2013, 12:51 PM
I like the Malbec in the back drop.It`s a distilled vinegar so dont use the left over in a salad dressing but it`s OK for hard boiled eggs.(which should never be boiled, by the way). :hungry:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Let us know how it works out for you.

I use Heinz distilled white vinegar.

MyFirstES300
06-30-2013, 04:08 PM
I like the Malbec in the back drop.It`s a distilled vinegar so dont use the left over in a salad dressing but it`s OK for hard boiled eggs.(which should never be boiled, by the way). :hungry:

Lol, didnt' even realize I captured the Malbec. Finca Fleischman if you are ever interested, but it's hard to find sometimes. I have a local wine shop and he orders it for me.

Going to wash some MF's tonight so I will report back. -Ed

Calendyr
06-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Hum. I have some double strenght vinegar here. To be honest, I think this is kind of a joke because you usually dilute it, so if you want double strenght just dilute regular vinegar less. But that's just me LOL

Kyle_Elantra
06-30-2013, 08:04 PM
How much do you use?

And this is after you wash with soap or mf cleaner right, like just a rinse cycle?

BradsDetailing
06-30-2013, 08:11 PM
I also use Heinz and I use it to the recommended levels of normal fabric softener found on the machine.

MyFirstES300
06-30-2013, 08:50 PM
How much do you use?

And this is after you wash with soap or mf cleaner right, like just a rinse cycle?

Correct. I use a cup in the rinse cycle, 1/2 cup in smaller loads. I personally do not smell any vinegar once the load is complete.

2old2change
07-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Try skipping your detergent and going with the vinegar only first and then a second wash with Arm & Hammer baking soda. Another detailer sent me a link to this process and it makes the mf super soft IMO.

KBsToy
07-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Correct. I use a cup in the rinse cycle, 1/2 cup in smaller loads. I personally do not smell any vinegar once the load is complete.

+1

MyFirstES300
07-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Try skipping your detergent and going with the vinegar only first and then a second wash with Arm & Hammer baking soda. Another detailer sent me a link to this process and it makes the mf super soft IMO.

I think you are on to something here. I got this idea off of a friend on Facebook and decided to try it on my bath towels at home. Not bad! I ran one load with a cup of white vinegar with hot water (no rinsing). Then, I filled the machine again with hot water a a half cup of baking soda and ran let it do a full wash/rinse cycle. Thew towels look new, feel soft and odorless.

I might try this on my MF's next. -Ed