PDA

View Full Version : First ever full detail - Thoughts

StarGazer
05-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Here are a few shots of the Xterra. Its my first full detail. Couldn't have done it right without all of you. Thanks

Poorboy's Products
Pro Polish
EX-P x2 24 hour cure on both
Natty's Blue
Natrual Look (trim & tires)

All by hand.

What do you think? (be gentle)

Pat

DS Detailer
05-30-2006, 01:42 AM
For your first full detail it looks dynomite. Great job...

The detail shop supervisor that I am wants to say, you missed some spots on the tire dressing tho. :)

StarGazer
05-30-2006, 08:15 AM
The detail shop supervisor that I am wants to say, you missed some spots on the tire dressing tho. :):iagree:

Thanks for the feedback. ... And I'll get right on that.

Pat

Neothin
05-30-2006, 08:32 AM
wow... that's not halfway bad :D

I've got to ask thought, how in the heck can you deal with all that unpainted plastic?! I *hate* plastic pieces.

BritOn2wheels
05-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Nice job on the Xterra Stargazer. :applause:

Welcome to the addiction. :D

Surfer
05-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Pssshhhh....Xterra's are supposed to be muddy :D . Don't you love Natty's Blue? My buddy ran out so he used some of mine on his e39 M5, Lemans Blue, mmmm so deeps and watery. Have another buddy who used it on his black M5 as well, yummy. Even gave my white suv and deep, watery glow to it where usually white shows as a normal shine.

StarGazer
05-30-2006, 09:45 AM
wow... that's not halfway bad :D

I've got to ask thought, how in the heck can you deal with all that unpainted plastic?! I *hate* plastic pieces.

It helps a little when it does get off road. This is my transport to the astro dark sites I frequent.

Pat

BritOn2wheels
05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Pat,
Is that the Meade SC-8 on German Equatorial? If I look closely it seems as if you are set up with a CCD as well, :) Looks like a nice set-up.
Where do you go to find dark sky?
Dave.

FloridaNative
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Stargazer man I love your house! Lots of nice big windows, oh and there was a vehicle in that picture too wasn't there?? J/K Nice detail man! Welcome to the obsession!

StarGazer
05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Pat,
Is that the Meade SC-8 on German Equatorial? If I look closely it seems as if you are set up with a CCD as well, :) Looks like a nice set-up.
Where do you go to find dark sky?
Dave.

Its a Meade LXD75 SC8 UHTC with an Antares 80mm F6 richfield piggy backed. The cam on the sc8 is Meade's DSI and the one on the 80 is their LPI.(DSI - DEep Sky Imager; LPI - Lunar Planetary Imager) The closest thing that passes for dark is a club site about 15 miles east of Gallatin TN which is about 25 miles northeast of Nashville. Otherwise I just haul the rig into the backyard and take what I get.

Pat