PDA

View Full Version : Clay bar

Pages : [1] 2

Mercedes350
06-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Does the mothers clay have a lot of abrasives or none?

cleanmycorolla
06-28-2013, 10:15 PM
It's a mild clay bar

Mercedes350
06-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Ok thanks would it be bad to use on a 2013 Mercedes I got back in December?

BillE
06-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Should be no problem at all.

The clay that you can get 'anywhere' (Meguiar's, Mother's, ETC) is the mildest that is available. The more aggressive stuff, one needs to head for 'detail stores.'

Bill

inDetail
06-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Mothers is a mild clay and Benz's have hard clear coat. Just a note for the future. All clay in the US is made by the same company because of patent laws. So mild clay from mothers is mild clay from Chemical Guys. Just the colors are different. So buy the biggest bar from a brand name company at the cheapest price. I would stay away from the no name brands you see on ebay. You don't know what you are getting. It's all the same stuff if it's sold in the US. If you purchase from another country it's made by a Japanese company who has that patent. I'm not sure if it's the same compound. In the end only two companies in the world make it.

T3 AutoDetails
06-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Mothers is a mild clay and Benz's have hard clear coat. Just a note for the future. All clay in the US is made by the same company because of patent laws. So mild clay from mothers is mild clay from Chemical Guys. Just the colors are different. So buy the biggest bar from a brand name company at the cheapest price. I would stay away from the no name brands you see on ebay. You don't know what you are getting. It's all the same stuff if it's sold in the US. If you purchase from another country it's made by a Japanese company who has that patent. I'm not sure if it's the same compound. In the end only two companies in the world make it.

:iagree: It's claymagic who owns the patent. Although the good ol korean blue bar works pretty well also if you can find them at a steal in bulk. Little harder to knead but does a great job. I use mothers most the time and find it too easy as far as kneading goes and find myself more times than none rekneading the bar because it spread on me.

Mercedes350
06-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Should I invest in a chemical guys clay mit or just regular clay I need something that will work the fastest

MarkD51
06-29-2013, 12:49 PM
My own recent experiences with Mothers Clay, versus a clay such as the Blue Pinnacle Clay, I noted that the Pinnacle Clay was extremely mild, but wasn't proving effective in my particular application a few weeks ago.

That the Mother's Clay worked more effectively, without a need of constantly going back again and again over a panel like I was with the Pinnacle Clay. Mark

ihaveacamaro
06-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Should I invest in a chemical guys clay mit or just regular clay I need something that will work the fastest

Invest in something better than the claybar, the nanoskin sponge!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroUx-HLTAs]Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Fine Grade Review - YouTube[/video]

Mercedes350
06-29-2013, 01:50 PM
But I want something that will work super fast what about the towel version

ihaveacamaro
06-29-2013, 02:05 PM
But I want something that will work super fast what about the towel version

both work faster than clay.

but if you are interested in the towel version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kX6RwRgjA]Speedy Surface Prep Towel Review : Clay Alternative - YouTube[/video]

theblob640
06-29-2013, 02:08 PM
There are a lot of mixed reviews.Some will live by saying the towel is the best, some will say the wash mitt is better and some will just stick with the clay bar even after using the mentioned above. I would say the towel and wash mitt clay alternatives will be a faster process since you can use your wash solution after the initial wash.

theblob640
06-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks roshan, been looking for a review on the towel, only orher vid i saw with the towel is by ammonyc when larry explained different methods to traditional clay bar.

slimnib
06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Nice and expensive car. Use a very mild clay, with tons of lub or you will mar it.
Go easy do not press hard. If need be go over more than once, however, tread lightly unless you are a pro and have done this many times.

Wes Bremec
06-29-2013, 02:45 PM
I love the nanoskin wash mitt . I can do my full size f350 in just around 30 min