PDA

View Full Version : V for Vendetta

Surfer
06-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Watched it last night, wow...seriously cool and good movie:righton:. I knew it would be good after seeing the reviews, but damn, it kicked ass:righton:

DavidJ021
06-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Damn that movie's old lol. It was good. But some people didnt like it because they though it was an anti-american movie or others thought it was a communist movie.

Nica
06-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Damn that movie's old lol. It was good. But some people didnt like it because they though it was an anti-american movie or others thought it was a communist movie.

I agree with DavidJ021, I thought it was a very interesting movie and some of my friends didnt like it because of what the movie portraid or implied...I just thought it was a cool movie...the message was good too, nothing wrong with it from my point of view. It's an old movie? Really, I saw it a few weeks ago....mmm...maybe a month a go.

devst8
06-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Watched it 3 times already! Great movie indeed! Wachowski brothers make great films

2KLS1
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Natalie Portman is the only girl I think really pulled off the shaved head look. She looked hot.

ryandamartini
06-02-2007, 06:22 PM
more people should watch it, it has a very powerful message to it. :) It is hardly anti american. It is showing how a Government puts itself over another government and wrongly influencing their people to believe the same as them.

An excellent movie, had to analyze it for government class and I was blown away by all the references and examples of different
political abuses by governments around the world.

bambo2888
06-02-2007, 07:22 PM
yea, it was a good movie, hollywood-wise. i thought th message/story was lame. truth be told, the US will prevail in the end. done.

sorry, im very pro-america, unlike many of my fellow "americans".

guidosrx8
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Natalie Portman is the only girl I think really pulled off the shaved head look. She looked hot.

she looks hot in every movie she makes.... shaved head and all!!! haha

yeah its a great movie.... one of my favorites. hugo weaving does an excellent job with the dialogue...

noname5
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
It was a good movie, indeed. I don't know why people think its "communist"? It has nothing to do with communism...

Anyway, nice message to the movie as well, although overall, it did lack a little "something." It seems the more intellectual crowd was less than impressed with the movie. However, I was impressed with the way it was written (just all those alliterative lines V said! amazing...), and executed.

But like with any movie that hints at the current world, it is met with much criticism. Oh well - that's just the way the world works.

Bernard
06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't understand what the movie was about...? The only thing I like was the fighting scene but there wasn't much. Sorry.... but it wasn't a good movie for my taste. Half way through the show, I was kinda bored with the talking & the mask. :(