PDA

View Full Version : New bike recommendations

colonel
06-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Just took delivery of a new motorcycle. A V Star. I would like to keep it looking as good as the day it arrived. Please recommend the products you would apply to protect this and keep it looking good. I live in Ohio and my previous bikes all had permanent stains on the aluminum from bugs. This is my first new one and I want to preserve it as much as possible.
Thanks.

Nate3420
06-29-2013, 08:31 AM
I would look at opti coating it or using a sealant. That looks awesome on bikes. Wolfgang make a good all metal sealant as well. Keep up on your chrome now so you don't have to work on it for awhile. The chrome will be you biggest headache. Any good chrome polish and sealant works well. And IronX for the wheels

colonel
06-29-2013, 09:20 AM
I would look at opti coating it or using a sealant. That looks awesome on bikes. Wolfgang make a good all metal sealant as well. Keep up on your chrome now so you don't have to work on it for awhile. The chrome will be you biggest headache. Any good chrome polish and sealant works well. And IronX for the wheels

Thanks for the recommendations.

inDetail
06-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Agreed. I do a friends Harley twice a year. No rinse, P21s polishing soap and some sealant then a wax. It's a garage queen weekend warrior so It takes about 2 hours to do it. The first detail was the worst so it's only up keep now. If I have to polish it's only the paint and I do that with a 3" pad. I think I polished the paint once since the first detail.

Mikekoz13
07-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I've been using Duragloss products on my Harley and LOVE the results.
I'm also a recent convert to P21S polishing soap and LOVE it as well.

drbll
07-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I did my HD with Cquartz and topping with Reload, works great. I also use Bug Slide and P21S special surfaces waterless wash. Using a GG 3" da works well too.

drbll
07-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I did my HD with Cquartz and topping with Reload, works great. I also use Bug Slide and P21S special surfaces waterless wash. Using a GG 3" da works well too.

Oops I meant the S100 special surfaces product, love that stuff!

colonel
08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks for all recommendations. I have used S100 and always have bug slide on hand. Also have several Mothers and Meguiars products along with blue magic metal polish. I should be able to keep this machine looking good. Thanks!

drbll
08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all recommendations. I have used S100 and always have bug slide on hand. Also have several Mothers and Meguiars products along with blue magic metal polish. I should be able to keep this machine looking good. Thanks!

Enjoy the ride! You have some beautiful roads in Ohio to explore. :dblthumb2:

twitchcvma3-1
09-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Just took delivery of a new motorcycle. A V Star. I would like to keep it looking as good as the day it arrived. Please recommend the products you would apply to protect this and keep it looking good. I live in Ohio and my previous bikes all had permanent stains on the aluminum from bugs. This is my first new one and I want to preserve it as much as possible.
Thanks.

A V-Star, huh. Nice starter bike. when you outgrow that one move up to the road star 1700. They went to FI in '08, finally. I have an '04 Midnight.
I've used all kinds of chrome cleaners. Been sucked into the hype of the latest and greatest chrome elixer at the big bike shows. The one thing that I keep coming back to is the Turtle Wax Chrome cleaner. In my own opinion it's the best I've used. Goes on easy, cleans wonderfully, and shines like nobody's business.